• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jbd2502

First XI
Absolutely superb today! Easily my man of the match in a game where the whole team were excellent! I feel he gets way too much stick on here and not the credit he deserves! Very solid and reliable RB!

Fantastic team performance today today & a well deserved win! UTB!!!

John White is underated by many - good player and captain imo

In that case I wasn't at the same game ...... Don't see he was immense , lost the plot a few times with the ref... People having to pull him away, and where was he for the penalty?.

He may have lost the plot most likely because he was being used as target practice by several of their players and getting no protection from the ref. Lost count of the number of clearances - headed and kicked - that he made at key times.

Thought he was fantastic today, second only to Prosser for me, the way we defended in the second half was hugely impressive, no team is going to get a cheap goal against the mighty Southend :Worthy:

Because he was out of position? Or just too slow?. Your choice

My choice is that he was upfield on the right as we were attacking and a 50 yard hoof from their left back meant Bolger and Prosser , who were giving White cover, were outsprinted by their forward and Bentley came to challenge.

Please don't let your personal dislike of John White extend to several threads.

He gets alot of stick because he doesn't do anything overly exciting, but does his job well. Gets on with it quitely. Unlike say Coker who gets up the wing and is exciting to watch, I think White gets extra stick because people can't understand exactly why he doesn't do the same. Apart from the cross against Stevenage last season I can't remember a stand out white moment, but I can't ever remember him having a absolute stinker either. Good, solid reliable captain.

Absolutely superb today! Easily my man of the match in a game where the whole team were excellent! I feel he gets way too much stick on here and not the credit he deserves! Very solid and reliable RB!

Fantastic team performance today today & a well deserved win! UTB!!!

Could'nt agree more, seems he is respected by his colleagues more than the fans. From memory he came runner up in last years Players player awards. He leads by example with his performances not vocally, some people are fickle in thinking that what a captain does. White is a great professional and is steady week after week.

Totally agree he was excellent today. Definitely deserves a special mention. Having so much competition for places in the team has really raised a lot of the players games!

Solid no frills kind of player. Definitely worthy of a place in the 11 right now. Keep it up John!

A really solid performance versus Barnsley.Very underrated by some.Could go on for another few years yet.Well done "Whitey".

I have always liked John White. Last week v PV and yesterday both showed how valuable an asset he is to the defence and the whole team. A bit like Barrett, who also gets some flack, JW is a consummate professional, who is reliable week in week out, and makes a fantastic captain. Again, probably man of the match yesterday!

Back