• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I have to say I am not surprised he does not seem to fit in PS's plans, but in tonights Echo he says he doubts he wil be at Southend next season.
A shame really but he is a good player but it too short and lightweight against league players.

its hard to put ya finger on this one as when he came into the side last season in league 1 he was great at left back, this season he hasnt had a run of games that has led to his loss in confidence, he is still good enough for this league.

A nice local lad and pity it hasn't worked as he was a product of our youth team, but I really don't rate him, like PS and Tilly before him. Think he needs a stint in the Conference to make him stronger, too lighweight at moment, we need more at LB than a long throw. Sorry, but that's my take on JH

A nice local lad and pity it hasn't worked as he was a product of our youth team, but I really don't rate him, like PS and Tilly before him. Think he needs a stint in the Conference to make him stronger, too lighweight at moment, we need more at LB than a long throw. Sorry, but that's my take on JH

Nail smacked firmly on the head :clap:

He's already been told he can leave, so he's playing it down somewhat in that interview......

I would hope Louie Soares has also been told not only that he is being released but that he also one of the worst footballers to wear the Blue shirt!

What sums it up for me is that he is 22 years old in October, he isn't the 'kid' that everyone see's him as (Self included)

In my opinion, at 22 years old if your good enough you would be playng regular, not require 'beefing up' at Conference level.

Shame as a local lad and product of the youth team, but as said before - you can't pick him on a throw in option.

I don't think Herd is good enough to compete here with the left backs, as now we have Prosser filling in that position as well as Gilbert coming back. I would like to see Herd given a run out at left mid so he can try to prove himself to PS.

Not sure where this local lad comes from he is from st Neots. He is a decent enough player but he cant defend well enough. The left back is a massive problem area for us and anyone half decent woulf make it there own.

Can't defend. Not much pace, can't beat a man. He is a tidy enough player when passing the ball around short distances & playing pass and move. Half decent throw on. Not tall or strong enough for L2, perhaps suited more to L1 in that respect.

I wish him well though

Why he never went on loan I'll never know. Moussa (Wycombe) and Crawford (Dover?) really benefited from it and they both strengthened up and gained positional understanding from playing competitive games. As has been mentioned he'll probably drop into non-league and do a Lawson and never be seen again unfortunately. I actually thought that he had enough pace and a decent enough leap to make a league left back when I first saw him but he hasn't developed really.

I used to be a fan of his but he hasn't developed enough in the last 2 seasons, as Silencer says he's not a 'kid' anymore. He's had enough chances. He should've been sent out on loan this season. The one time I saw him for the first time this season (Chesterfield at home) he was poor. Expect him to leave and won't shed a tear. We have Gilbert, Barker and now Prosser who can all play there plus Nesbitt coming through. Herd could go on to be a good League footballer, on the other he could disappear into non-league wilderness.

Wouldn't be surprised if he went back to St Neots and then carried on up to Lincoln for next season. Tilly liked him, maybe because I presume Johnny was in his youth setup?

Wouldn't be surprised if he went back to St Neots and then carried on up to Lincoln for next season. Tilly liked him, maybe because I presume Johnny was in his youth setup?

I'm not sure Tilly rated him that much.....he was always very keen to get a succession of left backs in on loan rather than play Heard. Shame someone who made it through our youth system hasn't gone on, but long(ish) throw aside, he hasn't really got much to his game and no great loss.

If Tilly didn't rate him, he wouldn't be on his way to Lincoln next season. Enough said.

Back