• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Johnny Herd versus Chelsea

GregStarz

Manager
What a legend, who needs Harding when we have Herd?

He didn't once look out of place, run up and down the wing like Ashley Cole and he gave us a few opportunity's especially with his long throws which Chelsea hated.

Awesome my little man, top stuff!

Contender for MOTM, fantastic little player, I hope we dont bring Harding in as Herd is good enough and I'd like to see him get some games under his belt. I'll be getting him on my yellow shirt soon!

What a legend, who needs Harding when we have Herd?

He didn't once look out of place, run up and down the wing like Ashley Cole and he gave us a few opportunity's especially with his long throws which Chelsea hated.

Awesome my little man, top stuff!

For me, he was Man of the Match for us today. He was composed from the off, while others around him seemed in awe of the occasion at first - Barrett in particular had an edgy start before improving. He had time on the ball and nearly always made the right choices. The interception and run down the left in the second half when only a foul when surrounded by four Chelsea players stopped him. Awesome! And what can we say about those missiles that led to one header on the bar and another time being the goal. What a future. Let's hope that Chelsea don't steal him away from us!!

PS - who said he was too short? For a little lad, he seemed to win quite a lot in the air. Anyway, considering he's a full back, his other qualities more than make up for what he lacks in height.

most potential at the club by a mile , definately a star in the making get him on a long contract should make a few million in couple of years time .

Fantastic from Johnny again.

Does anybody remember the Fulham friendly in the summer? He came on at half time and and struggled badly, miscontrolling here and there etc. I know someone who knows him and it turns out he was incredibly nervous and nerves got the better of him. So for him to go out in front of 41,000 and do that today says a lot for him.

I've championed him on here before and I might just carry on doing that. :)

PS - who said he was too short? For a little lad, he seemed to win quite a lot in the air. Anyway, considering he's a full back, his other qualities more than make up for what he lacks in height.[/QUOTE] ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He also went to the air against Drogba, sure he didn't win the headers BUT he made his presence known enough to put the big lug off lol!

Do we really need Harding???????

Last edited:
Took the long throw for the goal, went on some great mazy runs and at one point had 5 Chelsea players chasing him for the ball...He is our 1st team left back, no doubt!

Class today. Composed at the back when the occasion really could've swallowed him and great going forward as well.

I really really wanted Harding to sign and play today and thought Herd would be out of his depth.---- how wrong I was , he was simply BRILLIANT

He has a great leap on him which totally compensates for this lack of height. Add to this his pace and long throw ins, I think he offers quite a lot to the team.

I thought he was ok against Telford but against Luton there were more glimpses and his last couple of performances have really impressed me. Tilson should have no doubts about putting him in against the likes Crewe and Yeovil if he can put in performances like this against Lampard and Co.

Omfg!! I thought he would have a bad game today because of the experience! But who is Ashley Cole when we have Johnny Herd!

Agree, his lack of nerves was incredible, he drove forwards, put some great tackles in and has a very nifty long throw. Surely deserves a run in the team now.

Herd was immence today, Hasn't looked out of his depth in any game he has played this year.

He had a great game no doubt about that but there were one or two occasions for him and Osei where their inexperience showed. Well done though, I fear he's in the shop window now though.

I thought he was abso imense today!
Looked good going forward and kept Joey Cole under control rather well at times. Would love to see him at left back a few more times to prove that he deserves that spot on a permnerment basis.
Great game today Johnny

He was great. All he needs is experience and strength and he will become a great player for us. Shame he can't grow much because he could have cleared Kalou's header off the line!

Man of the Match?

Id give it to young Johnny Herd.
Really impressed with him today and showed confidenced in everything he did today.
Looked really good going forward and didnt look bad at defending either.
Hes bound to be a hit at the club i would think.

Back