• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ManchesterBlues

Schoolboy
Taken from twitter "Getting bored of this 19th man rubbish now!!"

Think he has a point. Should he be given a chance?

Comments like that probably sum up his play the season...a boy among men...I appreciate we are in league two but he is not of league two standard and might struggle to get into a Barnet back four...I think he might need to lower his expectations a bit

He might get a run of games now if Gilbert's injury is serious. It was interesting that Comminges showed that he too has a long throw in when he came on for Gilbert today!

Time for Johnny to move on I think. Whnever I've seen him play this season he hasn't impressed and had a couple of shockers, the Crewe and Chesterfield games comes to mind. People need to stop living off 'that throw' at Chelsea over 2 years ago now and I dont see any improvement in his game from then. The sad thing is that Gilbert is not much better and Johnny could have challenged hm but hasn't taken his chances. I wouldnt be upset if both of them weren't here next season.

I think he should be given a go at left back. Comminges did alright today. But I liked the look of him in midfield against Barnet at home.

He is rubbish, and proven to be so, therefore he shouldn't play. It must be frustrating for him to travel and not get in the squad, but he's not good enough to be in it.

He is rubbish, and proven to be so, therefore he shouldn't play. It must be frustrating for him to travel and not get in the squad, but he's not good enough to be in it.

You may be right, but poor old Peter isn't doing a lot to cement his place in my opinion, I can see that Gilbert has some good qualities he just looks unfit to me, however thought he has been doing much better of late.

Has Johnny played this season at all?
I think he deserves a chance, I'm not his biggest fan, like you, but he's worth a go now I think.

Our back four would probably look like this if Bilel was fit.

Clohessy Phillips Moshni Barker

But Matt Harold (the evil *******) decided to try and tackle him.

What with Gilbert picking up an injury/going off today, I'd like to see Herd played at the back.

Personally I think I'm a better left back. Sorry Johnny but you aren't League class.

said this before but herd over gilbert any day.

Have to say Herd is one of the worst full backs I've seen in a Blues shirt and to be honest Gilbert isn't that much better (though admittedly he is better). I sincerely hope neither of them are first choice next season.

Been here before and in the end played a right footer at left back for a couple of seasons (che Wilson) and he did a good enough job to get us two promotions I think.

Now that play offs are a distant dream how about giving him another few run outs as part of general experimentation for next season. The only decent thing about Johhny Herd is a chant but it will stop the accusations that he hadn't had a chance (or ten). Bye Johhny thanks for the long throws that we can't use.

Now that play offs are a distant dream how about giving him another few run outs as part of general experimentation for next season. The only decent thing about Johhny Herd is a chant but it will stop the accusations that he hadn't had a chance (or ten). Bye Johhny thanks for the long throws that we can't use.

They aren't a distant dream, they are a possibility.
Why can't we go on and win the next 5?
Chin up!!!!!!

Back