• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only checked to see what ESB was on about, as I couldn't find the quoted piece within the thread. As for the "get a life", well, I'm not the one who starts endless threads by quoting from a Newspaper.

The idea of that is to provoke some dicussion.It is a politics thread after all.

I must be sad? Well, very possibly, but I'm not the one now throwing his toys out of the pram having been found to be a hypocrite with an inability to back up his own arguments. In my honest opinion, resorting to puerile insults is the real "sad" issue here, maybe you should be taking a long hard look at yourself?

You're entitled to your opinion of course.BTW I haven't seen any arguments from you.Only from Canvey Shrimper.

You're entitled to your opinion of course.BTW I haven't seen any arguments from you.Only from Canvey Shrimper.

I wasn't putting any arguments forward, I was asking a question, a question that you failed numerous times to answer. I think you'll find that most of my posts after that were trying to get you to answer the original question.

As for political debate, don't give me that! Osy can debate, MK can debate, you just repeat the same ol' stuff without even trying to see anybody else's point of view, and when you're shown to be wrong (as with my original question) you can never admit it.

I wasn't putting any arguments forward, I was asking a question, a question that you failed numerous times to answer. I think you'll find that most of my posts after that were trying to get you to answer the original question.

As for political debate, don't give me that! Osy can debate, MK can debate, you just repeat the same ol' stuff without even trying to see anybody else's point of view, and when you're shown to be wrong (as with my original question) you can never admit it.

As I said(above)you're entitled to your opinion(as I am to mine).
I suspect you haven't studied much British history.Pity.If you had, you might be familiar with Stanley Baldwin's remark about LLoyd George:-"A dynamic force is a very terrible thing.It may crush you but it is not necessarily right."
(Your original question came from a politically motivated position btw, as of course, did my answer.If you check with CS, you'll find I greened him for the arguments he made.Although I don't agree with him, I thought he made his case very well,which would seem to indicate (to me at least)that I can recognise somebody else's point of view.
As for your facile comment (in the form of a question ), just by saying something is so, doesn't make it true or even right.As Iago said In Othello:-"Demand of me nothing,what you know,you know."

As I said(above)you're entitled to your opinion(as I am to mine).
I suspect you haven't studied much British history.Pity.If you had, you might be familiar with Stanley Baldwin's remark about LLoyd George:-"A dynamic force is a very terrible thing.It may crush you but it is not necessarily right."
(Your original question came from a politically motivated position btw, as of course, did my answer.If you check with CS, you'll find I greened him for the arguments he made.Although I don't agree with him, I thought he made his case very well,which would seem to indicate (to me at least)that I can recognise somebody else's point of view.

As for your facile comment (in the form of a question ), just by saying something is so, doesn't make it true or even right.As Iago said In Othello:-"Demand of me nothing,what you know,you know."

A few points for you, firstly I have actually read a fair bit of British history, just a different era and area to that you've obviously studied. The fact that you assume that by not knowing 20th century political history, I know, or have studied, very little British history is synonymous of most of your arguments.

Secondly, my question was an honest one. I didn't know of an example of Labour leaving the economy in a better state than that which they received, so I asked. You're entitled to believe it was politically motivated, but in this case you're wrong.

Finally, your addition of the quote seems to be nothing short of trying to impress through a demonstration of education. In that, I'm afraid it fails

Thanks for the information.IMO it shouldn't be.

Well if you want to resort to name calling without anyone knowing, you could have called him a scumbag in a private message.

A few points for you, firstly I have actually read a fair bit of British history, just a different era and area to that you've obviously studied. The fact that you assume that by not knowing 20th century political history, I know, or have studied, very little British history is synonymous of most of your arguments.

Secondly, my question was an honest one. I didn't know of an example of Labour leaving the economy in a better state than that which they received, so I asked. You're entitled to believe it was politically motivated, but in this case you're wrong.

Finally, your addition of the quote seems to be nothing short of trying to impress through a demonstration of education. In that, I'm afraid it fails

The original object of this thread was to encourage discussion about Alan Johnson's resignation as Shadow Chancellor and Ed Ball's probable appointment as his successor.
Things have moved on rapidly since then, with Coulson's resignation and Cameron's crude attempt to bury the news by timing it to co-incide with Blair's latest appearence before the Chilcot enquiry on Friday.I know you're not a big fan of quotations but as Macmillan said "Events,dear boy.Events."
Perhaps you should try and move on to?

Last edited:
the war - who won the war - a Tory! cant remember the last war we won under Labour.

Iraq -2003. The post conflict restoration of a Country on its knee's might not have been successful, but the actual war was.

Anyway, more importantly that BarnaBlue bashing, it wuold seem Johnson's BG was going heels to Jebus with Johnson's wife, and his PA. Taking the idea of 'Close Protection' a little far..

<Originally Posted by Napster
the war - who won the war - a Tory! cant remember the last war we won under Labour.

Iraq -2003. The post conflict restoration of a Country on its knee's might not have been successful, but the actual war was.<

Chadded,
I think you'll find Napster was being ironic(as is his wont).:winking:

<Originally Posted by Napster

Iraq -2003. The post conflict restoration of a Country on its knee's might not have been successful, but the actual war was.<

Chadded,
I think you'll find Napster was being ironic(as is his wont).:winking:

I suspect Napster wasn't, and like many, doesn't regard the Iraq war as a victorious one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back