• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Now I know that there is still some doubt as to which division Southend United will be in next season as we have a chance of being in the play-offs for instance ............. but were we to stay put then the teams coming up to join us seem to have quite a southern skew.

Northampton, Plymouth and Oxford are in the 3 automatic promotion places ...........

Bristol Rovers, Leyton Orient, Portsmouth and Mansfield are in the 4 play-off places.

Just below them are Accrington, Cambridge and Wycombe ........... (How on earth does Accrington manage that on their resources?)

So all in all, that would probably mean 3 fewer northern clubs in our league and 3 more southern teams.

This might be partially balanced by Charlton, Bolton and Rotherham dropping down to join us.

But even so it looks like there will be less miles to travel next season.

For me, there is only 1 ground from the above that I have yet to visit ............ so perhaps getting promotion for Southend United would be the best option ........ :omg:

Well, a couple of months later and it is clear that ...........

M.K. Dons, Charlton and Bolton are coming down.

Wigan are leaving us and so are Crewe and Colchester but still 2 places to be decided.

And Northampton are coming up ........... but there are still 2 automatic places to play for - including the mighty Accers who were one of the founding clubs of the football league.

All very interesting. :smile:

Accers will struggle, many of their team are "off", especially young Windass who has pre-contract agreed to join Rangers next season.

Bristol Rovers last two games are York City and Dag & Red, so they seem favourites to join Northampton.

Probably Oxford, as well and hopefully Portsmouth from the play-offs.

Think Burton will go up and watch out for Scunthorpe for the play-offs as they are the in-form side.

Doncaster and Blackpool to go down.

Accers will struggle, many of their team are "off", especially young Windass who has pre-contract agreed to join Rangers next season.

Really? Goodness, would have thought he'd have been picked up in the Football League elsewhere and not Scotland.

It will be nice to have a more Southern slant to the League next season and an awful lot more games within a few hours.

Really? Goodness, would have thought he'd have been picked up in the Football League elsewhere and not Scotland.

It will be nice to have a more Southern slant to the League next season and an awful lot more games within a few hours.

Are you sure the word order is correct here ? :winking:

Hopefully it will be wigan burton and walsall or barnsley going up and millwall bradford gillingham staying down.

Northampton oxford bristol rovers and pompey to come up hopefully. Orient have self destructed. I wouldnt say no to afc wimbledon coming up so that they can finally put the whole sage of MK dons behind them.

I really hope accrington stay down as tbh they offer nothing in terms of support and who in their right minds would want to go there.

It still makes the division a very difficult one to get out of - we will be in the lower half of the "resources available" league once again but that hasn't stopped teams like Port Vale and Burton getting to the top end of the table.

Why no mention of Plymouth? Faltering a bit of late but a fantastic away record. They have a massive fan base and would be good to see them in league one.

Why no mention of Plymouth? Faltering a bit of late but a fantastic away record. They have a massive fan base and would be good to see them in league one.

I believe you have answered your own question. Is Reid "out"? as he is not playing at present for them.

Hopefully it will be wigan burton and walsall or barnsley going up and millwall bradford gillingham staying down.

Northampton oxford bristol rovers and pompey to come up hopefully. Orient have self destructed. I wouldnt say no to afc wimbledon coming up so that they can finally put the whole sage of MK dons behind them.

I really hope accrington stay down as tbh they offer nothing in terms of support and who in their right minds would want to go there.

Anyone who likes a pint for less then £1.80????

1st or last away game of the season might be ok but knowing the way our fixtures have been the last few years it would probably be either a Tuesday in February or Boxing Day.:'(

It still makes the division a very difficult one to get out of - we will be in the lower half of the "resources available" league once again but that hasn't stopped teams like Port Vale and Burton getting to the top end of the table.
While their gates and income are limited, their access to St Georges is a huge benefit to them.

Back