• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jon Parkin

londonblue

Topgun Pilot
According to The Sun today Macclesfield are £300,000 in debt and about to go out of business because of financial irregularities surrounding their new ground. The FA have found them guilty and they now have 6 weeks to find the money.

One way would be, according to The Sun, to sell Jon Parkin, valued at £250,000.

Anyone interested?

Not at £250,000, there won't be.
I thought Parkin was excellent last year and a fairly consistent scorer. I think he has been injured much of this, so that could be against him.

If anyone bought Parkin for that kind price they've got more money than sense

He's no better than what we've got here at the moment

If we had 250k to spend i'd rather we spend it on trying to lure Grant Holt to the club

[b said:
Quote[/b] (londonblue @ Dec. 20 2005,08:31)]According to The Sun
Do we have any more slightly reliable sources?
tounge.gif

Seriously though Parkin isn't a bad player and certainly looked good against us last season, if we could get him for a cut-price fee I'd be interested but for that kind of money I reckon we would be able to attract a better player.

Plus it appears that the boy is from Barnsley so that would probably go against Tilson's local policy (although Goater is from Bermuda so you never know).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (londonblue @ Dec. 20 2005,08:31)]According to The Sun today Macclesfield are £300,000 in debt and about to go out of business because of financial irregularities surrounding their new ground. The FA have found them guilty and they now have 6 weeks to find the money.

Anyone interested?
I am not even aware they are having a new ground - not seen anything in the press up here in Cheshire!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Clarky_Blues @ Dec. 20 2005,09:04)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (londonblue @ Dec. 20 2005,08:31)]According to The Sun today Macclesfield are £300,000 in debt and about to go out of business because of financial irregularities surrounding their new ground. The FA have found them guilty and they now have 6 weeks to find the money.

Anyone interested?
I am not even aware they are having a new ground - not seen anything in the press up here in Cheshire!
No it was about money spent (or not as the case may be) on a new stand at Moss Rose.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (statski77 @ Dec. 20 2005,08:37)]If we had 250k to spend i'd rather we spend it on trying to lure Grant Holt to the club
I heard Wolves will go in for Holt if their moves for Izale McLeod and Karl Hawley fall through which it looks like they will. IMHO Holt won't be moving to League 1 anyway now, it'll be the Championship at least - I also heard Spurs and West Ham were mulling over bids but that might just be speculation particularly as the Shammers have just signed Katan. I feel £250k wouldn't be enough to tempt Rochdale anyway now.

For the record Parkin is nothing more than a PBB with a half-decent goalscoring record at the bottom level. Is he worth £250k? What do you think.....
laugh.gif

I wouldn't buy Parkin for anything more than a few handfuls of chocolate money and a mince pie. Not one that I would be looking for to join us. He wouldn't add anything more to the squad.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prodigal Son @ Dec. 20 2005,13:07)]Does anyone think we could be in for Hayter at Bournemouth?

He's scored a few and I believe they could do with the cash.
Hayter is a good shout, and experienced at this level. He would certainly give us another option.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Dec. 20 2005,13:19)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prodigal Son @ Dec. 20 2005,13:07)]Does anyone think we could be in for Hayter at Bournemouth?

Hayter is a good shout, and experienced at this level. He would certainly give us another option.
check this out

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jontosh2001 @ Dec. 20 2005,14:53)]
[b said:
[b said:

check this out
Interesting that, although not really West Country (Dorset) Hayter may be the striker hinted at by the Echo recently. If he is out of contract in the summer then his value is decreasing all the time.

I have also seen that Bournemouth have done a similar deal to Blues, where they have sold their ground and are leasing it back.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Dec. 20 2005,14:59)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (jontosh2001 @ Dec. 20 2005,14:53)]
[b said:
[b said:

check this out
Interesting that, although not really West Country (Dorset) Hayter may be the striker hinted at by the Echo recently. If he is out of contract in the summer then his value is decreasing all the time.

I have also seen that Bournemouth have done a similar deal to Blues, where they have sold their ground and are leasing it back.
That was my thinking, Bournemouth is kind of West country to me and they need the cash.

Back