• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If we only have one space and it's between Forte, Clifford and Cowan, I'd take Clifford all day long.

If we only have one space and it's between Forte, Clifford and Cowan, I'd take Clifford all day long.

clifford was good, but surely we need goals more than anything and we are woefully light up top. Eastwood looks as bad as last year, Corr isn't fully fit and that leaves us with njie...

we have decent cover in midfield though.

clifford was good, but surely we need goals more than anything and we are woefully light up top. Eastwood looks as bad as last year, Corr isn't fully fit and that leaves us with njie...

we have decent cover in midfield though.

You need creative midfield to create chances- Freddy and Barry know where the back of the net is but we need creativity
And don't go by the friendlies- we can't afford either of them to get injured so PB has told them not to do anything stupid

And don't go by the friendlies- we can't afford either of them to get injured so PB has told them not to do anything stupid
Actually, that may be true, I certainly got the feeling neither of them was at full match throttle last night.

i didnt think you had to register players who were under 20? might be wrong as im going off football manager but... :unsure:

We've got players like Chambers, Auger and Pinnock who might not get a game, so could loan them out to a team like Braintree (Woodyard was there last season), Concord (think Chambers was there last season) or Bishop Strotford (Njie was there last season too).

They get 1st team experience, so we don't have to register them and we get 3 free spots to bring in new players.

Loan out Chambers, Auger, Pinnock and sell Barker. 4 free spots. Sign Clifford, Forte, Cowan and Bennett/Rees.

Loan out Chambers, Auger, Pinnock and sell Barker. 4 free spots. Sign Clifford, Forte, Cowan and Bennett/Rees.

Would loaning players out free up spots then?

As far as I know that would make no difference as they are registered to us.

Would loaning players out free up spots then?

As far as I know that would make no difference as they are registered to us.

I think (but not 100% sure) that loaning out does "free up spots" - and I would guess that Brown is working on this but remember the Conference league starts later than we do.

Would be a great signing, and after all the negativity this summer it would leave us (provided Clifford signs) with four decent strikers and a quality midfield. Still concerned about our options at CB but if needed I'm sure Brown will address that in due course.

Things are looking up! :thumbsup:

He's only a Premier League player because of their rapid rise up the leagues. IIRC he was signed when they were in League One.

Back