• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Josh Coulson Signs

My fears over the appointment of PB are unfortunately becoming reality, will we have the majority of a squad of over 30's again?

There is so much young tallent out there but as always let's play it safe and go for experience even if they are at the end of their careers, can't remember now if that worked for us last time ?‍♂️

So predictable and hardly forward thinking ?‍♂️

Seeing as we're trying to get up at the first time of asking, he seems an alright fit to me. The slight issue I have though is the longevity in most of these players. Apart from Bridge, we're gonna be finding ourselves rebuilding again next season regardless of what level we're playing at. Having said all that, I appreciate we're still not an attractive prospect for a lot of players so I'll reserve judgement until we see them in the league

My fears over the appointment of PB are unfortunately becoming reality, will we have the majority of a squad of over 30's again?

There is so much young tallent out there but as always let's play it safe and go for experience even if they are at the end of their careers, can't remember now if that worked for us last time ?‍♂️

So predictable and hardly forward thinking ?‍♂️

There is time to think more long term in regards to bringing in players that have potential. First we need to get back to league two, that keeps our academy going.

Experience has been lacking for a couple seasons now and that's what we need.

I am not moaning about the age thing, it's the fitness of the players at that age that is crucial imo. And 32, for example, nowadays is a lot different to what 32 was in the 70's. Fitness in sport has moved on. If any signing proves unfit, then that is another question entirely, but that can be levelled at players of any age.

My only observation and question, tongue in cheek admittedly, is did PB do an apprenticeship under another famous North East native manager with a penchant for an older signing, Lawrie McMenemy? lol.

I see goodship has gone back to Weymouth and the cheek of the local paper saying you need to take a step back before you go forward

Quite possibly. 77 games consecutively after making his debut from the substitutes bench. Still 40 + years ago though.

These days we rarely sign players who can stay fit for 7 games let alone 77.
164 consecutive appearances is the record! A Mr Frank Lampard!

164 consecutive appearances is the record! A Mr Frank Lampard!

He only played 33 games for us!!!

If you only include outfield players and think football begins and ends with the Premier League, then you're right.

Brad Friedel played over 300 consecutive matches and, for us, Arthur Williamson played 229 consecutive games.

Back