• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Josh Coulson Signs

Spoke to a orient season card holder at work yesterday and he thinks this guy will be a good signing at national league level, said that josh has lost a lot of pace but makes up for it in how he reads the game so well and talks well on the pitch and is strong in the air:Thumbs up:

Spoke to a orient season card holder at work yesterday and he thinks this guy will be a good signing at national league level, said that josh has lost a lot of pace but makes up for it in how he reads the game so well and talks well on the pitch and is strong in the air:Thumbs up:

Id also wager that he will score around 5-7 goals next season which will be a fantastic return and i think we have really missed a defender who causes havoc in the opps box from set pieces

Got an unexpected email from a Cambridge supporting friend when we saw that he had signed for us. Says Coulson is a "legend".

Just sunk in how far our once proud club has fallen. Orient and Cambridge fans saying a player is good for our level!!
And we are getting excited about it! And these players were better 2 or 3 years ago when these clubs had them.

But it is what it is. Doubt we will get it right first time of asking, but second season we might be a force to be reckoned with.

Would we keep the successful White and Hobson combination though, with Clifford left back and Bwomono right, if he stayed.at least we will have big options and as said the impact of Coulson , Dunne, White and Murphy in the opponents box would be interesting
If Elvis stays I'd see 3 of those being mainstays with White and Coulson rotating

Would love to see Rob Howard given an opportunity with us next season.
Loan at King Lynn done him good, gave him an experience that he won’t get in U23 games. If I was honest, we should send our U23 to Conference South, Ryman Premier & Division 1 (North and Central league) so our youngest can come back as better players.

Brilliant article today in the Non League Paper, concerning Josh Coulson and his association with Justin Edinburgh. He said in more than a few words, that is was a no brainer to come to the Club where it all started for Justin.

Mind a sign of the times that it is now the Non League Paper carrying our latest news.

Get used to becoming front page news for once. The NLP is ace.

On making his debut, Willie Coulson then played 48 consecutive league and FA Cup matches. I wonder who was the last player to do that?

When Ian Benjamin joined us we were in the 4th division. By the time he missed his first minute we'd secured a midtable finish in the 2nd division.

Anyway, Coulson seems a decent signing. Not sure how he'll fit in with White and am a bit worried about the lack of pace at the back (and in midfield and up front) but if at the end of his stint Hobson is considered an experienced enough centre-half not to need an old pro minding him he'll have been a successful signing.

Thing with White is as he was not a natural centre back he is still deceptively quick. He's not a big unit like most centre halves who's loss of any pace is noticeable so if it was him and coulson I'd not be too worried.

Brilliant article today in the Non League Paper, concerning Josh Coulson and his association with Justin Edinburgh. He said in more than a few words, that is was a no brainer to come to the Club where it all started for Justin.

Mind a sign of the times that it is now the Non League Paper carrying our latest news.
Also that we don't get any mentions on the local sport section of teletext!! Yes I still use it from time to time. lol.

I keep looking at the BBC transfer site. Nearly took the p on here to laugh at the fact that they had missed our signings, then I remembered why !! Still mistakenly done it a few times out of years of the habit.
They do however have a separate list for Nat League transfers If I can remember how to find it

Back