• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Near enough half of them were in his first season, 4 years ago.

How many does he have this term? 2,3? I love Barry but he's not looking as threatening this season.

And I certainly wouldn't be against seeing he and Harrold play together. In this league you need centre forwards to bully opposition centre backs. Is Shaq going to do that? Is Weston? No!

Is Harrold?... Yes

How many does Harrold have?

Corr scored more than Harrold last year as well so has more recent form than him too.

We need another Target Man for when Brown decides to take Corr off then the team starts lumping the ball up top to midgets.

Harrold yes, Simpson no need.

How many does Harrold have?

Corr scored more than Harrold last year as well so has more recent form than him too.

Hardly a fair reflection when Harrold has started 2 (9 sub appearances) when Corr has started 10 (5 as a sub)

I'd take Harrold back in a shot in our current situation. He had a fairly nasty injury a year or so back and hasn't really got back to regular first team football since, but he has scored a few goals at this level and I actually think him and Corr together with Worrall/ Hurst/ Weston (he's a winger really) & Timlin knocking some crosses in would be pretty fearsome.

Harrold was only 22/23 when he was here for us the last time and playing 2 divisions higher. He's bulked up a lot and obviously matured since then.

Proven goalscorer at this level which is something we do not have.

I think he has a horrendous scoring ratio at all levels. We have plenty of them at the moment, that's why we have a striking problem. We don't need another toothless striker.

Please no would rather have David Crown at the age he is now then the ginger whinger back.

Not sure we need Simpson, but would have Harrold back in a heartbeat. Would fit the bill as the kind of player Brown wants leading the line and will always do well at this level.

Why ignore last seasons stats.

7 goals in 36 appearances is not proven goalscorer level.

In a side that got relegated I don't think thats that horrendous

Only Corr (12) and Hurst (11) got more than 7 for us last season.

Didn't know Crawley had them both....Simpson was a good player for them but would not be necessary for us, Harrold, on the other hand could be just what we need, and give him a chance to shut a few morons up if he returned!

I don't remember you exactly being his biggest fan?
I like Harrold but we need a goal scorer and his record in that department doesn't light the world up. We already have BBBC so don't see the need for another like player.
What we are crying out for is a Richard Cadette or David Crown to bang them in.

I don't remember you exactly being his biggest fan?
I like Harrold but we need a goal scorer and his record in that department doesn't light the world up. We already have BBBC so don't see the need for another like player.
What we are crying out for is a Richard Cadette or David Crown to bang them in.

He has 50 goals for the club - that's 50 not 3.

I am quite well aware of that, thank you, and whilst I was never a massive fan of Harrold while here - I advocated for Hooper to be given more of a chance, as I recall - I am pretty sure I have always given him respect on his return visits whilst bemoaning the fact that he so often scored against us.

For me, Corr is not firing on all cylinders this season, for whatever reason, and I would be quite happy to see someone with good height brought in to profit from those long balls and crosses we keep putting into the box. Harrold could well be that man.

Harrold would have been the perfect player for a Paul Sturrock Southend United side and I think we'd have got promoted easily had we got him in instead of Liam Dickinson when Corr got injured. From what I can see he hasn't been quite the same player since his nasty injury.

At this stage I'm not sure what he'd bring other than allowing PB the chance to not have to play Corr every single game. I think Corr would actually score a fair few alongside Harrold but we'd have the slowest forward line in the league. It wouldn't be pretty.

Back