• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pubey

Both been told they're surplus to requirements at Crawley, according to CP.

Would take them both, definitely.

Didn't know Crawley had them both....Simpson was a good player for them but would not be necessary for us, Harrold, on the other hand could be just what we need, and give him a chance to shut a few morons up if he returned!

Simpson no ( we've got too many similar midfielders already)
Harrold Yes (but doubt if he would want to come back after the shocking treatment dished out unfairly on him by some Roots Hall loud mouthed numptys )

Matt has come back from injury but has started to play well. Holds the ball up well. Josh was also injured at the start of the season but has fallen out with John Gregory. Both players give 100%

Think I'm in the minority here, wouldn't take either.

Never saw Josh Simpson when he was first here, so can't really say if he will improve our midfield.

As for Harrold, he has done very well since leaving, but he hasn't played much this season and don't know what condition he is in. Seems like his best days are behind him as far as his goalscoring record goes - 10 goals in last 3 seasons isn't great. If people want him because he is a big target man who brings others into play then we already have one in our team.

Would welcome Matt Harrold back with open arms, he could be a rare example of a returning player being better than his first spell.

I would not take any on them back, what is it with taking back former players? none have worked in my opinion. matt harold has only scored 1 goal for Crawley, and when he played for us he only scored 3 goals in 55 games! so no i would not take them back.

No thanks to either of them. The previous crop of players who have returned have hardly set the world alight. Simpson was decent when we had him, don't think he is any better than what we have. Harrold was average when he was here did alright when he left but I would much rather have Barnard back or a youngster on loan. As previously stated we don't need another target man as we already have one.

I would not take any on them back, what is it with taking back former players? none have worked in my opinion. matt harold has only scored 1 goal for Crawley, and when he played for us he only scored 3 goals in 55 games! so no i would not take them back.

Who will be the first to mention Spencer Prior/Andy Edwards etc ? Oh it was me..:smile:

Harrold was average when he was here did alright when he left but I would much rather have Barnard back or a youngster on loan. As previously stated we don't need another target man as we already have one.

Harrold developed a lot after he left, and our current target man isn't exactly setting the world alight at the moment.

Yeah, agree.
Players coming back have the added pressure of living up to first time around.
Eastwood; Barnard; before him Alan Little as manager; can't see it working.

Harrold was only 22/23 when he was here for us the last time and playing 2 divisions higher. He's bulked up a lot and obviously matured since then.

Proven goalscorer at this level which is something we do not have.

Harrold was only 22/23 when he was here for us the last time and playing 2 divisions higher. He's bulked up a lot and obviously matured since then.

Proven goalscorer at this level which is something we do not have.

What about the who scored his 50th goal for us at the weekend?

What about the who scored his 50th goal for us at the weekend?

Near enough half of them were in his first season, 4 years ago.

How many does he have this term? 2,3? I love Barry but he's not looking as threatening this season.

And I certainly wouldn't be against seeing he and Harrold play together. In this league you need centre forwards to bully opposition centre backs. Is Shaq going to do that? Is Weston? No!

Is Harrold?... Yes

Back