• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Average player who added nothing to the team. Not bothered he's gone, but not surprised at all that he's bitter, saw that coming.

I don't understand this bit - was he available to play or was he injured?

"The reason I wasn’t playing was because if I had played one more game then I had to stay on that contract and the most annoying thing in the end is he never came and spoke to me about it. "

“He knew all along I was playing with pain and if my hamstring had gone again it could have ruptured, which would have meant me having an operation and being out for many months.”

"The reason I wasn’t playing was because if I had played one more game then I had to stay on that contract"

“He knew all along I was playing with pain and if my hamstring had gone again it could have ruptured, which would have meant me having an operation and being out for many months.”

Hang on, what was the reason he wasn't playing?

“I really do hope they get back to where I think they belong.”

Do we think he is referring to the Championship or League Two here?

I don't understand this bit - was he available to play or was he injured?

"The reason I wasn’t playing was because if I had played one more game then I had to stay on that contract and the most annoying thing in the end is he never came and spoke to me about it. "

So he wanted to keep playing games to make sure he triggered his extra year's contract.....but now he has been released because he and his agent didn't read the contract properly he says he was playing whilst injured to help the club out. He can't have it both ways.
Good riddance I say. We can do much better. Very average player from what I saw.

Good to see his agent was earning his money by explaining the small print to him...

Agreed 100%, I'm not sure how this is even a "thing"... Any vitriol should be at directed at his agent who should have read the small print and pointed out his minimum requirements etc

I've been promised many things by managers in the past and it's not been delivered. You just learn to suck eggs. The only thing that's important is not the throwaway comments but what's been given to you in writing. Learn from it and move on.

Yes, it's a hard life Josh and it just goes on getting harder and harder, I'm afraid.

I feel sorry for the lad but he should blame his agent. I'm quite impressed by the way he has conducted himself since being released though, taking into consideration how aggrieved he must be feeling. Again, blame your agent Luke.

Would be very interesting to see this thread if the manger who went back on his word had different initials....Like PB instead of CP.

As others have said, JW doesn't come across as bitter so why do some of you feel the need to have a dig. No footballer who gets told by his manger during training he has triggered next years contract is going to sprint off the pitch and start checking his contract. Yes he is going so lets wish good luck and I hope he does well at his next club.

Would be very interesting to see this thread if the manger who went back on his word had different initials....Like PB instead of CP.

Still doesn’t make Wright’s performances any better. And seeing as he was a PB player and if was still here so would Wright be.

Still doesn’t make Wright’s performances any better. And seeing as he was a PB player and if was still here so would Wright be.

As were all the players who CP has enjoyed working with and achieving success. Well apart from Ladapo of course.

As were all the players who CP has enjoyed working with and achieving success. Well apart from Ladapo of course.

Yep, maybe CP just didn’t fancy him in the end, ever thought of that?

Just a load of excuses! The guy was s decent bloke and gave his all! But was not good enough for Southend united

Yep, maybe CP just didn’t fancy him in the end, ever thought of that?

As it happens yes I did. More than some others it would appear.

Next season that will be Dru. So Wright and Wordsworth are both not needed. Top of the midfield shopping list will be the right man or 2 to compliment Dru. If your going to play two wide men like Kightly and McL and expect them to gallop on and attack then you need a real solid man to compliment 3 midfielders who can scare anyone in L1 on their day.

Wright did have good energy and some lovely touches and short passing skills, which were obviously not as effective on the seasons pitch. He was also carrying a hamstring injury for quite some time. CP clearly wants the ball forward quicker and that's where Josh hardly shined. He is possession and pass completion rather than risk.

So I understand if he feels unhappy because I don't think he did a lot wrong its just he wont fit into what CP wants. Good luck to him and I wish hi well. Lets hope we don't have to much slagging of an ex player....Save that for people who let us down and deserve it, Not Josh Wright.

As it happens yes I did. More than some others it would appear.

Ok, then there is no need to bring up what people would think had the initials been different. PB is gone and yes things might have been different but we have CP now and he is an ex player who was loved and does have an extra bit of leeway given because of that.

Ok, then there is no need to bring up what people would think had the initials been different. PB is gone and yes things might have been different but we have CP now and he is an ex player who was loved and does have an extra bit of leeway given because of that.

It was not a dig at CP. It was more a general observation of how football fans can completely change their principles for the same offence depending on whether they like the player /manager etc.

Even Ron went out of his way over Ranger. Sorting out a flat, buying him a car etc. However there is another player who Ron really hates.

It was not a dig at CP. It was more a general observation of how football fans can completely change their principles for the same offence depending on whether they like the player /manager etc.

Even Ron went out of his way over Ranger. Sorting out a flat, buying him a car etc. However there is another player who Ron really hates.

Of course, football fans are the most fickle out there.

Interesting, I’m sure no doubt you’ve now made everyone’s summer more exciting trying to work out who RM hates. I reckon it’s Timlin because of his voice of an angel and his ability to cut shapes on a dance floor.

As others have said, JW doesn't come across as bitter so why do some of you feel the need to have a dig. No footballer who gets told by his manger during training he has triggered next years contract is going to sprint off the pitch and start checking his contract. Yes he is going so lets wish good luck and I hope he does well at his next club.

PB or CP, the situation and the way it was handled, is disappointing. Yes CP, apparently, had a word with Josh and said he had triggered the extension. CP had also said in the media that he had been made aware of the the trigger and was happy for the lad to stay. I doubt, given the information received, that CP scrutinised the players contract, and he was merely going on what he had been told. Furthermore, it is encumbent on the player to have his own contractual advice and clearly that was poor.

I suspect, and I have no evidence, that the manager has submitted a wishlist and it was probably agreed there would have to be a few outs to accommodate the ins. Someone in the know, almost certainly above CP, was aware of the clause in Wright's contact and it was decided that the proposed targets were preferable to Josh.

It may all seem a poorly handled business but I doubt PB or CP would have been initially aware of the clause or would have spoken of the trigger had they not believed it was true.

As for RM hating someone, whether it's hate or dislike, it is rare such a large group of people, namely SUFC employees, can all be the best of buddies. That is more than football. It is life.

The difference here is that Powell gets the benefit of the doubt as this is a solitary incident (and only one side of it as Powell is maintaining a diplomatic silence whilst the player makes contradictory statements) rather than a pattern of it with the manager compounding it by regularly criticising his employees in the media. If it becomes a regular occurrence then he will get called out for it.

Back