• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well I felt sure he could be useful but I am equally sure CP has a game plan and Josh clearly was not part of it. CP has already done enough for me to put faith in him.

A shame as was not given a chance by the new regime his injury cost him dearly or was he a victim of the Phil brown era ??

If true it shows how ruthless CP may well be this summer. Given that he’s under contract after activating a clause for appearances, assume it would be termination by mutual consent?

I thought Wright has been pretty useful but never really lived up to the heights we were hoping for. If he was on big wages then I can’t say it’s the end of the world and would wish him well. Certainly wouldn’t have been looking to get rid to the extent of cancelling his contract.

If Wright’s gone, then Wordsworth should be very worried and (from what I’ve seen) I wouldn’t say Mantom has done much more.

Told him 20 games a rise in wages and a new contract next season but unbelievably the club put in there there in small print MORE than 20 games new contract ie 21 plus and cp new that ?

Told him 20 games a rise in wages and a new contract next season but unbelievably the club put in there there in small print MORE than 20 games new contract ie 21 plus and cp new that ?

The stats I've seen implies he has appeared 23 times, is that not correct?

A very good player who got a slight injury (he is not prone to injury if you look at his career) we have not seen the best of him.

It is a tough, hard life at times as a journeyman lower league pros; and Nicky Hayes posts make a chilling experience for anyone who must have bills to pay and such.
I can envisage many a club who will find Josh a useful addition to their squad and I wish him well.
For us I am guessing SCP is looking at a quartet of central midfielders for the two main positions with Dru being a nailed on certainty, maybe Tims for another year, perhaps bring Mantom back AND then adding another if Woody is likewise released.
Any players SCP wants need to be possibles for a promotion squad and I don't think Josh quite cuts it on enough of his performances to meet that standard.

I'm not doubting Nicky's claim, but has anyone else noticed that everyone of his posts since joining in September last year, is about Josh Wright!!... he seems a little obsessed with him.

As for Josh Wright himself, nothing has been mentioned solidly on any of his social media accounts so far.

No major loss in my opinion.

Edit: Chris Phillips from the Echo, has just tweeted about the same rumour, so most likely true.

Last edited:
Back