• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I could never understand why Wright was signed in the first palce. All it did was deny Dru game time. Wordsworth when fit and at his best a good player at this level. However, can't see him playing a full season again and therefore a luxury item we can do without.

Would explain Wright’s Instagram yesterday. Full of talk about snakes and what not

Can’t see that anywhere, lot of people hoping he goes back to Gillingham in his comments by the picture of the training ground.

Edit: Just seen his insta story and makes sense now. Very childish response.

Nothing still on the club site and nothing confirmed by any other reliable "sauce" ........ so I'm not going to treat these rumours as true for now.

We still have one game to go. Perhaps it is just me but I believe it to be more "professional" and respectful to get the season finished before announcing which players are leaving the club.

As said above - not a good time for a player with a family, mortgage etcetera. No need to be nasty about the players who are moving on either - best of luck to them and thanks for your efforts for the club.

What's the best that weight ends up at billericay playing for that mug tamplin on about 4k pw.

I've not been that impressed with Wright, though to be fair he's probably been hampered somewhat by injury and being played out of position by Brown. If the rumour's true and we can bring in Mantom then I'd say he's a big upgrade based on what I've seen this season.

No surprise regarding Wordsworth, TBH I'd be shocked if he is offered a new deal. He has undoubted quality but hasn't shown it much at all this season.

A lot of harsh words on Wordsworth.

He was superb until halfway through the season, then started demanding big money for a new deal, picked up injuries, lost his form and PB went.

In reality we just don't have the resources to keep players long term who are not consistent performers over the course of a season, unless they are on a contract. Letting these 2 go echoes that reality. Wordsworth was very creative for us when playing at his best. However, circumstances dictate we could not afford to resign him again.

In reality we just don't have the resources to keep players long term who are not consistent performers over the course of a season, unless they are on a contract. Letting these 2 go echoes that reality. Wordsworth was very creative for us when playing at his best. However, circumstances dictate we could not afford to resign him again.

Absolutely, unless they can play 30+ games a season; and be strong candidate for matchday selection, when everyone else IS also fit then they ought to be considered extras/surplus to requirement.

That’s if PB gets kept on as manager.
Few Swindon supporting friends aren’t huge fans given his record but think they’ll stick with him, blame seems to lie with the owner and players not living up to expectations rather than him.

Few Swindon supporting friends aren’t huge fans given his record but think they’ll stick with him, blame seems to lie with the owner and players not living up to expectations rather than him.

Insert His before expectations......all sounds very familar to me.

Not surprised or disappointed that Woody and Wright appear to have gone. Good luck to them though with the next stage of their careers. Colchester and Gillingham respectively I suspect. Have a feeling we will be a lot happier with the balance and shape of squad when they return for pre-season next year.

SCP prefers to wide men I think- that requires two CM with engines and soho get through the work- so Drew, Mantom, Tims work well.
Just like under Tilly where we had the likes of McCormack and Bailey.

Wright. I believe he was brought in as a replacement for Leonard, but Yearwood was the right man in the right place at the right time. I don't think we ever saw the best of Wright. I always thought him to be a lightweight who at times looked lost during games.

Wordsworth. I may be alone here, but an Anthony Wordsworth in full flow is an asset to any team. In a team that plays off the front foot, at pace, he is as good as there is at this level. Sadly, we weren't a team that does that. He was also rushed back from injury too quickly too many times and played out of position. What a waste.

I do think SCP's perseverance with Sam Mantom suggests that there may be a deal in the offing to keep him next season (and this would be a good move in my opinion).

How hugely ironic today that we ended up losing both our CMs and having none on the bench!

Wordsworth. I may be alone here, but an Anthony Wordsworth in full flow is an asset to any team. In a team that plays off the front foot, at pace, he is as good as there is at this level. Sadly, we weren't a team that does that. He was also rushed back from injury too quickly too many times and played out of position. What a waste.

I agree totally. People seem to have forgotten how successful and creative a partnership he had with Lenny and how many goals he scored from midfield, the first to double figures since Bailey IIRC. SCP says he will confirm what is happening middle of next week, but I do think it hugely disrespectful to even have these rumours out there before the season finished and not having them involved in the post match walkabout. Dru will have to find another way into work next season as Woody has been chauffeuring him.

Wright never really got going here. Sometimes it happens. I think best for both parties for him to try his luck elsewhere.

With SCP liking having 2 out and out wingers, we need 2 hard workers in the middle. For all his qualities, that’s not woody.

Back