• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

DoDTS

The PL League Boss⭐⭐
After the game last night I got a bus home from Fairfax Drive and unfortunately their was a well known fan who shall we saw is not the whole ticket.

He was shouting out that Tilson and Brown were the worst Southend managers ever, while he thought Fry and Whelen were very sociable. He had newspapers that somehow proved that Southend would finish bottom next season while Dagenham would be promoted. He wasn't actually talking to anyone the drive warned him first to keep the noise down, and then told him he was annoying everyone on the bus, which he was. Still he continued and the Driver stopped the bus gave him the ultimatum to shut up, get off the bus or he would call the police. Which he reluctantly did, muttering to himself.

Really sad but as much as you feel compassion he is really annoying, although sometimes funny.

He did have some breaking news, the first being that the government are going to make it illegal from next year for any man in England to grow a beard. Secondly that the end of the world is coming in four years time, anyone who has a passport will be transported to Mars, if you haven't then your brown bread.

So the lesson for me is start to grow my beard now, apply for a passport and hope to god that we reach the Premiership in the next four years.

I feel sorry for the bloke.

Speaking to several people in the Shrimpers yesterday who had stopped going in the Far Post because he is so regularly in there and making them feel uncomfortable.

After the game last night I got a bus home from Fairfax Drive and unfortunately their was a well known fan who shall we saw is not the whole ticket.

He was shouting out that Tilson and Brown were the worst Southend managers ever, while he thought Fry and Whelen were very sociable. He had newspapers that somehow proved that Southend would finish bottom next season while Dagenham would be promoted. He wasn't actually talking to anyone the drive warned him first to keep the noise down, and then told him he was annoying everyone on the bus, which he was. Still he continued and the Driver stopped the bus gave him the ultimatum to shut up, get off the bus or he would call the police. Which he reluctantly did, muttering to himself.

Really sad but as much as you feel compassion he is really annoying, although sometimes funny.

He did have some breaking news, the first being that the government are going to make it illegal from next year for any man in England to grow a beard. Secondly that the end of the world is coming in four years time, anyone who has a passport will be transported to Mars, if you haven't then your brown bread.

So the lesson for me is start to grow my beard now, apply for a passport and hope to god that we reach the Premiership in the next four years.

I feel sorry for the bloke.
I wonder who that could be? :winking:(saw him before the game outside the shop moaning about something).
To be fair he must be a real fan as he keeps coming back. Was going to shave this morning now not going to bother coz i'm a rebel.

Speaking to several people in the Shrimpers yesterday who had stopped going in the Far Post because he is so regularly in there and making them feel uncomfortable.
OBL, you can't talk about our chairman like that, he does his best.......

Was in The Far Post pre-match and didn't notice anyone odd.

However, walking along Vic Avenue there was a fella going nuts and waving a flag about. He was with a woman who looked highly embarrassed.

Is that him?

Dagenham Kev. The vocal version of MrsBlue but with a bit more football knowledge.

Saw him when left the ground after the game down Vic Avenue. Was spouting his usual about how bad Southend and everything to do with Southend is. Heard he got ejected from the ground during the game yesterday

Saw him when left the ground after the game down Vic Avenue. Was spouting his usual about how bad Southend and everything to do with Southend is. Heard he got ejected from the ground during the game yesterday

He didnt actually get in the ground yesterday as he is banned for a month apparently, this was after a prolonged rant at the Doncaster match. I also feel really sorry for him, he obviously has big mental health issues and I feel that people should make allowances for him. I have often had to have a 'quiet word' with him during matches and he is normally quite receptive to this but I think it probably depends on how much he is drinking with his medication.
At the end of the day at heart he is a real Shrimpers fan but unfortunately his paranoia and conspiracy theories about the 'Americans'???? sometimes rub other supporters the wrong way. I would say please try to be patient with him.

Dagenham Kev is harmless he suffers from a variety of issues one of his key problems is he takes all his medication for the whole day in the morning in one go then has a drink which he is not suppose to, however he would never do any harm to anybody or raise a hand, he has been assaulted in the past for shooting his mouth off when some people have not understood he has a mental condition. I have known him for about 15 years now he's always been the same and he won't change but he will alway go to watch SUFC and all local Essex games he must rack up over 300 games a season for various clubs like grays canvey billericay etc....

His views are off the planet but he is really quite friendly

Was in The Far Post pre-match and didn't notice anyone odd.

However, walking along Vic Avenue there was a fella going nuts and waving a flag about. He was with a woman who looked highly embarrassed.

Is that him?

No....That was Ron Martin and his wife.

Edit sorry didn't see post 4

He was waiting for the bus outside the Golden Lion. He was shouting out all sorts of stuff, like we're all doomed, etc, etc. He always shouts out lots of opposites in the East Stand, Lol, so if Southend are playing bad and losing heavy, he shouts out, ''WELL PLAYED BLUES'' ''ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT.'' If we are winning easily and playing brilliant, he shouts out with an aggressive angry face, ''LOAD OF RUBBISH BLUES.'' ''YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING BROWN.'' Phil Brown doesn't know what's going on and looks up into the East Stand with a WTF face on.

He's ok when we are winning but when we are loosing he's the last bloke you need around you!!

Mental health issues many people in varying degrees and it is a big shame that the club cannot be more accommodating to the fella.

I understand that he can be a pain in the arse but surely the Chairman could sit next to him to re-assure him.

Mental health issues many people in varying degrees and it is a big shame that the club cannot be more accommodating to the fella.

I understand that he can be a pain in the arse but surely the Chairman could sit next to him to re-assure him.
Lol, can imagine that scenario!

There but for the grace of someones god go any of us.
Makes me sad the way he gets treated but as already said its the drink that is his own down fall,met his brother once who was a nice chap.

Back