• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Journeymen

bishmania

First XI
Was reading the papers following the Chelsea game and interested to read the number of times Mildenhall was described as a journeyman lower league goalkeeper.

It got me thinking that in our current crop of players, and seeing as we've been in the lower leagues all but one of the last ten or so years, we have so few journeymen.

Mildenhall is definitely one having had several clubs.
Francis, Clarke, Barrett and Sankofa have had three or fewer clubs each.
Herd has had just us.
Betsy is a journeyman I'd say.
JFC, Macca and Grant are all two club men in England.
Moussa just us.
Dougie was at Palace for a very long time so isn't.
Barney just us and Spurs.
Revell is on the borderline probably having had Cambridge, Braintree and Brighton among his former clubs.
Laurent, wouldn't say so, dunno how many he played for aborad though.
Walker, just us and Charlton.

So I'd go fro just three- Mildy, Betsy and Revs from the current crop, what do you think? And can anyone think of a time when we were nearly entirely made up of so-called journeymen?

Back