• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

palexander

Life President
Training with us and assessing his knee problems.

Sturrock says "who knows what will happen".

Be good to have him back.

Told us this in Spain, if it wasn't for his injury he would have got a new deal.

Could be just what we need. The Bouncer!

A few posts in other threads have discussed 'balance' and how they feel certain players give this balance to the team. IMO the last two league games i've watched we have been crying out for a 'holding' player, or one that performs defensive duties to allow Timlin, Ferdinand and the like to do their midfield jobs to the best of their abilities. If he is fit and sharp I for one would welcome him back with open arms and would love to see him straight back in the first team.

Yet BBBC gets a deal? Dont make sense...

Agreed, it doesnt quite add up. I'm guessing PS was confident of getting other central midfield options and they have failed to come to fruition.

Kalala won't command a big wage and he already knows the squad so could just slot straight back in quite comfortably.

Good player but I find it a bit embarrassing that one minute we're telling him no thanks then we end up calling him back!

Good player but I find it a bit embarrassing that one minute we're telling him no thanks then we end up calling him back!

Sturrock only told him no thanks as he was injured. He's lucky that injury didn't end his career.

Agree we need a player like him but hes been out for ages, we need players raring to go at the moment, weve got enough passengers at the mo. Rather we get someone in on loan who has at least played a few pre-season friendlies.

Hope he signs. Really like him. Does the dirty work. Great at winning possession and offloading the ball. Bit odd but I always think as long as he doesn't need too much time to think about what he's doing he does really well. Exactly what we need in midfield.

We need someone like him, but better.

Negotiate their wages, track him down and I'm sure PS would be well happy with that!

I want someone better playing for us in every single position, but it aint quite as easy as that!

I bet our strikers are bemused. Just another midfielder that doesn't do assists, and can't shoot.
If we can find one of those to play along side him, then fine.

I bet our strikers are bemused. Just another midfielder that doesn't do assists, and can't shoot.
If we can find one of those to play along side him, then fine.

Hall, Hurst, Tomlin, Timlin, Spicer all seem to know how to play a bit of football.

I get so confused sometimes, do people not understand that you also actually have to win the ball and defend to be able to have possession and win football matches? You actually have to defend.

Back