• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
Is it on Soccer Am tomorrow morning?

Does anyone know if the format remains the same?..

Southern Section - East
Southend
Charlton
Orient
Brentford
Barnet
Col Ewe
MK Dons
Wycombe

Southern Section - West
Exeter
Aldershot
Swindon
Bournemouth
Bristol R
Cheltenham
Hereford
Plymouth

Northern Section - East
Dont care.

Northern Section - West
Dont care.

Last edited:
Yeah would be nice. Thing is i'll be away for the 2nd round so i'm hoping we scrape through this round and get Col U, O's or Brentford.

Helpfully I can't find any clarification on the format of the second round on either Wikipedia or even the JPT section of the Football League wesbite. I'd guess that the second round will only be split North and South but who knows?

The draw is definitely tomorrow.

If it is regionalised, you would guess it will be us, Col Ewe, Borient & Barnet as one set of 4.

Its 2 sets of 8, not 4

I am pretty sure I heard that it is East and West for this round (last 16), then goes back to the North/South for the last 8.

If we can aviod Charlton, MK Dons and Col Ewe we should have a decent chance of progressing.

from the JPT website

August 2010

For rounds 1 and 2, the clubs are equally divided into Northern and Southern sections and then sub-divided again into North East and North West in the North and South East and South West sections in the South.
Round 1 - 32 teams compete
16 clubs are awarded byes straight through to round 2 in an in-house pre-draw leaving the remaining 32 League 1 and 2 clubs to compete in round 1. Teams are drawn in couples within each section and games are played on a knock-out basis with the first drawn club playing at home.
Round 2 – 32 teams compete
The 16 clubs that were awarded byes straight through to round 2 play the 16 winners from round 1. Teams are drawn in couples within each section and games are played on a knock-out basis with the first drawn club playing at home.
The sections are now merged leaving just a Northern and Southern section.
Area Quarter Finals – 16 teams compete
There are 8 games in the Area Quarter Finals, 4 in the Northern section and 4 in the Southern section. Teams are drawn in couples within each section and games are played on a knock-out basis with the first drawn club playing at home.
Area Semi-Finals – 8 teams compete
There are 4 games in the Area Semi Finals, 2 in the Northern section and 2 in the Southern section. Teams are drawn in couples within each section and games are played on a knock-out basis with the first drawn club playing at home.
Area Finals – 4 teams compete over 2 legs
Drawing is no longer necessary for the final 4 teams as the two remaining teams in each section play each other over 2 legs - home and away. The first team to play at home is decided via a secret draw at The Football League Headquarters.
The Final
The Final takes place between the winner of the Northern section and the winner of the Southern section at Wembley Stadium during March / April.

groups are here, sorry will not cut and paste
http://www.football-league.co.uk/jo...3/trophy-round-2-draw-details_2246525_2143727

The 16 clubs that were awarded byes straight through to round 2 play the 16 winners from round 1.

If you take that literally , it would suggest we play a team from those who got byes.

However I don't think it means that; just poorly worded.

If you take that literally , it would suggest we play a team from those who got byes.

However I don't think it means that; just poorly worded.
i
Hi mick- it doesn't mean this , if you open the link it gives the teams in each group, you then need to read the JPT rules in line with the groups .
Why all the info isn't in one place, or even a world cup type wall chart type of thing I don't know. I know premiership supporting teams look down on it , but its a chance to play at Wembley which I would assuem is a big deal to the players-- it is to me as a fan.

Back