• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

JS Article

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ShrimperJim @ May 26 2004,21:25)]It's not only us who've noticed the outstanding article on the Official site. here
I was shocked by their replies ! I had no idea Orient fans could read and write
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The 4th man @ May 27 2004,00:14)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (ShrimperJim @ May 26 2004,21:25)]It's not only us who've noticed the outstanding article on the Official site.  here
I was shocked by their replies ! I had no idea Orient fans could read and write  
tounge.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Nice to get some positive response to it. I'm getting caned by some people on the Shrimpers Yahoo Group although they have all missed the point of the article quite spectacularly. I'm not necessarily having go at players leaving for more money. If they actually took time to read it carefully I'm suggesting that sometimes the "grass is not always greener" when they do; it's an observation and the title should have given that away! Still, I wait with imputent patience for their own efforts in the near future!

Sh-i-te! Praise from the Sad O's!

WS

tounge.gif

I am not surprised by any negative, moaning comments from the Yahoo group.

Great article Mike.

You should know by now that most people on the Yahoo group have opposing views on anything that's posted, and would swear black is white, but in their defence would put up a damn good argument as to why.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beaver @ May 27 2004,08:56)]Great article Mike.

You should know by now that most people on the Yahoo group have opposing views on anything that's posted, and would swear black is white, but in their defence would put up a damn good argument as to why.
biggrin.gif
Hold on, there are 260 ish of us on the Yahoo group and as far as I'm aware only one criticised the article in a gratuitous and negative way, another took issue with some of the content.

I thought it was well written and a decent read and documents players who may not have done as well after leaving as they would have hoped. (Most of our players don't do that well after leaving; that's because most of our players over the last few years haven't been very good.)

A politician would claim that if 2 people out of 260 disagree with you it follows that the other 258 agree!!

And anyway in a slight paraphrase of Oscar Wilde, at least they're talking about it!

The negativity predominent in the Yahoo group sadly provides an apposite reflection on matters SUFC over the last 10 years. Look for chinks of light and reasons for optimism by all means but frankly it's been pretty dour supporting Southend over that time. Yes we've all got a certain amount of enjoyment and camaraderie out of it but in general this has been in spite of, rather than because of, the football and the club.

Keep writing, Mike!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ May 27 2004,08:39)]wow - Orient hate Conny almost as much as us now
wink.gif
Hate is such a strong word. I would suggest that without his 25 goals this last season, we would have been gee-ing up for at least one season of Conference football.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shagster69 @ May 27 2004,08:41)]I am not surprised by any negative, moaning comments from the Yahoo group.
Why not? Whenever i pop over there, they are always praising the club and looking on the bright side of life ...

Kev

wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sebastian Weetabix @ May 27 2004,13:21)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ May 27 2004,08:39)]wow - Orient hate Conny almost as much as us now
wink.gif
Hate is such a strong word. I would suggest that without his 25 goals this last season, we would have been gee-ing up for at least one season of Conference football.
Mr. Weetabix, sir, you are spot on.

I remain bemused at why people can't let go on this one... let's move on people, nothing to see here...

rock.gif

Matt

Back