• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Judgement Night: Manny Pacquaio Vs Oscar De La Hoya

EastStandBlue

Life President
Good night of boxing lined up tonight...

Khan destroyed Fagan in 2 rounds, although Khan is back to fighting absolute no-marks again.

Key event of the night is probably the fight of the year, with Pacman coming up against arguably one of the greatest fighters of the decade. Pacquiao is a brilliant, brilliant boxer and an animal in the ring, but going up 2 weight divisions might prove a major obstacle.

As always, for those that want them, I'll have links to the fight... Send me a PM if you want them.

De La Hoya has done nothing this decade, it's a ridiculous fight.

The real action is happening right now with Froch 3 minutes away from the world title.

Thought Froch's fight was pretty good if a little scrappy at times. First time I've seen Froch fight, seems to have a good chin as that Pascal guy hit him a few times with decent hooks.
Fair play to both of them for not going down as there was plenty of big punches being thrown.

As for the De La Hoya/Pacquiao fight I think it will be pretty even. As ESB has said Pacquiao has had to step up but his hands are lightning but De La Hoya might have little bit too much for him.

Pacquiao destroyed him. His hands are unbelievable quick and De La Hoya just didn't have an answer, he looked tired and jaded after the third round and, to be honest, I'm surprised it went as far as the 8th. He has to retire now....

So it looks like Hatton Pacman in the summer and, on that showing, Hatton has his hands full for what will be an absolute epic fight. Hatton, please knock the drinking on the head before this one... beat Pacquiao and you'll reaffirm your status as one of the best pound-for-pound boxers in the world.

froch was immense.

He did look good although looked to run out of steam a bit towards the end and held his hands way to low , Kessler and calazaghe would make him pay for running out of steam and for dropping his guard to much .

Not seen the Pac mans tremendous win and can't wait to see it on You tube , like stated Hatton really will have to pull something out of the bag to beat this guy , he's as hard as nails and is extremely quick and aggresive with a heart of a lion .

Don't suppose anyone has got a link to the Froch fight on-line have they?

No, but it was a cracking fight - both landed punches which might have floored most boxers. Froch reminded me of a baby giraffe at times, very ungainly, but brave and accurate with his left jabs. Pasquale was quick, but ultimately Froch's reach and accuracy held out.

No, but it was a cracking fight - both landed punches which might have floored most boxers. Froch reminded me of a baby giraffe at times, very ungainly, but brave and accurate with his left jabs. Pasquale was quick, but ultimately Froch's reach and accuracy held out.

I bow to your knowledge on this one as i havent seen a Baby Giraffe throw a left jab.

Back