• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Judo

Durera

Director
<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>Quite simply, £4 for 90 minutes of Judo - fancy it?

We're based in Wickford - more than happy to see new faces, from beginners to high grades. We've got people on hand to help for self-defence, a bit of skill (and some 'pretty' judo'), or if you just fancy a good rumble...

From 4 years to 58 is the current age range, and we don't delight in smashing people through the ground (unless they are capable too!)

Oh, and we can get cheap drinks afterwards...

PM me if you do, or ask on here if you have any questions....</span>

Nah what&#39;s the point in that its all controlled I wanna beat the sh*t out of someone. MF?

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Jan. 07 2004,08:32)]Nah what&#39;s the point in that its all controlled I wanna beat the sh*t out of someone. MF?

tounge.gif
<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>That&#39;s what me and my brother do to each other on the mat - we can extend to others if you fancy a bit of rough (oo-er&#33;)&#33;</span>

Yeah but it&#39;s all throws and and holds and stuff am I allowed to headbutt someone? Or chin them?

wink.gif
tounge.gif

<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>Well, my brothers done both to me on the mat - I&#39;ve put him through a wall in return, so fair do&#39;s&#33;

I will say that we also take it easy etc if that&#39;s not your bag&#33;

Oh, and also whilst competitions is throws, hold-downs, strangles (to kill remember, it&#39;s still not soft) and arm-locks (again to break bones - if you&#39;re stupid enough not to give in before hand that is&#33;), we do also learn to kick, punch, and use weopons - it&#39;s just fight&#39;s&#39;d be a bit dangerous if we did that all the time&#33;

:P</span>

<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>Yep, not chairs as in wrestling though&#33;

You are getting in to high grades etc when they start to get introduced, it&#39;s more for defence, but of course, you need to know how to use them correctly for someone to learn how to defend against them.

Personally I&#39;ve only used boken&#39;s which are wooden copies of knives and swords. Although my old man used to reckon that the sword whilst having no blade should still be able to get through to shoulders if brought down correctly on someones head...

I say again though that we can also be extremely technical if that&#39;s your bag, and we fight to suit the partner at that time, so if you just want to practice nice and slow we&#39;re happy to do so....</span>

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Durera @ Jan. 07 2004,01:31)]Quite simply, £4 for 90 minutes of Judo - fancy it?

Are you asking me for a fight or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Jan. 08 2004,13:39)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Durera @ Jan. 07 2004,01:31)]Quite simply, £4 for 90 minutes of Judo - fancy it?

Are you asking me for a fight or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>Well, if you want to pay for it!</span>

Nothing against Judo personaly , but as Ju-Jitsu is avaliable widely , whats the point ?

(Im a Wing Chun man meself so what do i know
tounge.gif
)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Jan. 08 2004,15:37)]Nothing against Judo personaly , but as Ju-Jitsu is avaliable widely , whats the point ?

tounge.gif
)
I'll do you all you mugs!
laugh.gif

Luv
Jacky Chan

<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>Each to their own, of course - but Ju-Jitsu is the original martial art, with Judo and some forms of (if not all) Karate being the derivatives, and of course going into more detail in their avenues.

So, if you want to throw properly(&#33;), do Judo. If you&#39;re sensible and have the time, of course do both.

We do also use moves from ju-Jitsu, di-jitsu, aikido, sambo etc....</span>

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Jan. 08 2004,16:10)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Jan. 08 2004,15:37)]Nothing against Judo personaly , but as Ju-Jitsu is avaliable widely , whats the point ?

tounge.gif
)
I'll do you all you mugs!  
laugh.gif

Luv
Jacky Chan
Shame you can't spell your own name, wombat!

cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Durera @ Jan. 08 2004,16:13)]We do also use moves from ju-Jitsu, di-jitsu, aikido, sambo etc....[/font]
You sound like a bunch of shootfighters mixing your forms like that (as well as a bunch of very nice people (dont hurt me guv
biggrin.gif
))

Im only jealoues due to the lack of decent throws in Wing Chun anyway &#33;

<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>Which is something we do better than anyone... Judo that is, not me (well, now I mention it....)</span>

<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>&#39;fraid not - I meant Sambo wrestling.

Sorry&#33;

sad.gif
</span>

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Durera @ Jan. 09 2004,13:10)]<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>&#39;fraid not - I meant Sambo wrestling.

Sorry&#33;

sad.gif
</span>
Its ok, I&#39;m joking....

(the Brazilian dancing i&#39;m referring to is Samba by the way
laugh.gif
)

Though there is Caporiera which is now regarded as the offical Brazilian Martial Art (every country tries to claim at least one &#33;). Which, it is said ,was developed by black slaves to look like a dance so as to fool their captors &#33;

Propably most commonly seen , on the BBC &quot;advert&quot;. The two guys danceing round each other on a roof top &#33;

Back