• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Julian Dicks New Manager of Grays Athletic

SUFC Forever

Manager
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/g/grays_athletic/8257886.stm

Julian Dicks is the new manager of Grays Athletic, their 13th in 3 years apparently. Very little experience in management to get him this appointment (apart from obviously being their new chairman John Moncur's mate) but stuck out 6 months at Wivenhoe. On past form if he gets as long as that at Grays then he will have done well.

Last edited:
See that ex SUFC player Kenny Brown has joined as his assistant at Grays now as well.

Great start for one of the most odious men in football ..

Grays 0 Altrincham 3 :D :D :D

Dick's was going mad on the radio after the game, saying the lads just aren't fit and no-one wanted to stay behind for extra training all week.
God help those players in training this week, it's a Dick's revolution and not a good place to be when his temper flares i bet.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/g/grays_athletic/8257886.stm

Julian Dicks is the new manager of Grays Athletic, their 13th in 3 years apparently. Very little experience in management to get him this appointment (apart from obviously being their new chairman John Moncur's mate) but stuck out 6 months at Wivenhoe. On past form if he gets as long as that at Grays then he will have done well.

I heard it was 14th in 4 years, but hey ridiculous whatever way you look it!

I heard it was 14th in 4 years, but hey ridiculous whatever way you look it!

Especially when you consider that West Ham have had 12(?) managers in their entire history...

Funnily enough, 2 weeks ago a friend of mine was taken on by Grays and was told that he'd be simply a reserve player. Think he might get a chance now if he pulls his finger out.

Without checking I'd say that 8 of those will have been since early/mid 90's.

Ted Fenton (who managed Blues in the 60's), Ron Greenwood and John Lyall managed them for donkeys years between them.

Oh yeah I know H! Thought it would have been a few more than 12 by now.

I knew him away from football and he is one of the quietest blokes around. Just very very competitive.

Don't bring your sensible, reasoned views based on genuine personal experience onto this board please.

I'd rather live in blissful ignorance and hate Dicks based on his public persona and the fact he played for them ;)

Don't bring your sensible, reasoned views based on genuine personal experience onto this board please.

I'd rather live in blissful ignorance and hate Dicks based on his public persona and the fact he played for them ;)

I hate people who played for Birmingham City too.

See that ex SUFC player Kenny Brown has joined as his assistant at Grays now as well.

Yeah, Kenny revealed that he was leaving us (CD Javea) after last Sunday's home victory over Albatera CF. Gutted. He'd got the team playing some great football and all the players really respected him.

:stunned:

Yeah, Kenny revealed that he was leaving us (CD Javea) after last Sunday's home victory over Albatera CF. Gutted. He'd got the team playing some great football and all the players really respected him.

:stunned:

Hi Mike,

Great to hear from you - hope all's well with you & Fay.

How are CD Javea getting on, and who do you think will replace Kenny in the hotseat...?

Matt

Hi Mike,

Great to hear from you - hope all's well with you & Fay.

How are CD Javea getting on, and who do you think will replace Kenny in the hotseat...?

Matt

Everything cool with us, Matt.

CD Javea went through a period of uncertainty over the summer as debts mounted and budgets were slashed but the team have won two of their first three games (and we were very unlucky to lose the other) and currently sit in 6th spot so things are looking up.

Last night Javea named a local lad as the new manager. Jose Luis is from Javea, played for the club as a kid and skippered the senior side before a niggling knee injury forced him into semi-retirement. He was coaching the youth side with reasonable success before answering the call. I suppose you could call hom our Steve Tilson! A very popular lad with players and fans, he should continue to build on Kenny Brown's excellent foundations; this weekend's away game against CD Thader will be extremely important!

WS

Back