• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Julian Hails

Just saw a replay of his hat-trick at Filbert Street, and wondered what he's up to now. He's a maths teacher at a posh boys private school, and coaches football there too. Nice to see they used a picture of him in his Southend kit too!

Screenshot 2020-05-14 at 09.35.51.png

Just saw a replay of his hat-trick at Filbert Street, and wondered what he's up to now. He's a maths teacher at a posh boys private school, and coaches football there too. Nice to see they used a picture of him in his Southend kit too!

View attachment 12139

Will have to check out that hat-trick which was a big surprise on the day so much so that I recall a mate that drove us to the game being so angry he wanted to leave as soon as
he heard team and that Julian was playing. So glad that did not happen.

Had the pleasure of him being on our table at an end of season dinner and he was good company albeit a bit different to most players.

View attachment 12139

Just for the record, my brother in law went to that school (Haberdashers) and he's far from posh. He was a year ahead of Matt Lucas. Sasha Baron-Cohen went there too.

Just for the record, my brother in law went to that school (Haberdashers) and he's far from posh. He was a year ahead of Matt Lucas. Sasha Baron-Cohen went there too.

Haha - I don't know your brother-in-law so wouldn't want to comment!

However it's over £21K per year in fees to go to Haberdashers (compared with about £13K a year to go to Thorpe Hall in Southend) - so sounds like a pretty posh school to me!

Although it costs £42K per year to go to Eton College, so Haberdashers is only half as posh as that!

View attachment 12139

As opposed to all those non-posh private schools?:Winking:

I think that hattrick may still be the most unlikely hattrick - more so than even Leon Cort!

Haha - I don't know your brother-in-law so wouldn't want to comment!

However it's over £21K per year in fees to go to Haberdashers (compared with about £13K a year to go to Thorpe Hall in Southend) - so sounds like a pretty posh school to me!

Although it costs £42K per year to go to Eton College, so Haberdashers is only half as posh as that!

Expensive? Yes. But that doesn't make it posh (although I'm sure some of the kids that go there are).

As it happens a very old friend of mine also went there. He's from a very wealthy family but is the most down to earth person I know. He moved himself and his business to Brighton because it fits in with his political views.

There's also another private school just down the road from Habs (called Aldenham). One of the kids in my son's football team goes there, along with his two siblings. Their father owns a company that supplies food and supplies to restaurants and hotels. He's the only father of a player that has ever even come close to having a fight with the opposition parents. Again expensive doesn't always equate to posh.

Last edited:
Back