• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What a stupid idea , why not have Cambridge United as well .

This is not a friendly. How much extra will the club have to pay out in Stewards/Police Costs etc?

Lol this club is a joke at times. Gate receipts, over fans safety? Haha there won't be nothing friendly about this at all. My advice to anyone with kids, or those of a fragile disposition, stick well clear of the NW corner

Nice of the club to do something for those less fortunate.

Should be another decent gate in. 5k+ maybe
No chance prices not exactly cheap considering the opposition!
Colchester won't bring many and it's the first or second weekend of school holidays so many people will be away.
Last time we played Colchester in a home friendly a few seasons ago the crowd was less than 2,000.

Should be an interesting game, we have just signed our 8th new player this afternoon, I hope all the new boys understand what it means to the fans, there is no such thing as a friendly!

Last edited:
I cannot understand the mentality of either club organising this game. There are undoubtedly mindless thugs and hooligans on both sides who will relish this game for the wrong reasons.

It beggars belief why this has been organised and both clubs should have a lot of explainingto do to try and justify themselves in organising it should there be problems.

I cannot understand the mentality of either club organising this game. There are undoubtedly mindless thugs and hooligans on both sides who will relish this game for the wrong reasons.

It beggars belief why this has been organised and both clubs should have a lot of explainingto do to try and justify themselves in organising it should there be problems.
And this game won't be family friendly....

So we go 5 years without a game between us when we got relegated, but we give them one after they get relegated.

:sad:

Blues to host local rivals Colchester in pre-season friendly

SOUTHEND United will host local rivals Colchester United in a pre-season friendly at Roots Hall later this month.

More...

So we go 5 years without a game between us when we got relegated, but we give them one after they get relegated.

:sad:

I doubt many of our fans will bother going to be honest but there will certainly be an element of trouble makers from both camps on the day. The good things is if the crowd is fairly small it will be easier to control any who misbehave.

Back