• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supporters Group News JULY LIAISON MEETING

The Shrimpers Trust will be planning to hold their regular Q&A session with the manager in the early part of the season, as already mentioned in post #8. This is different to the AGM, and therefore open to all, not just members. So, you will have an opportunity to ask then.

The Supporters Forum & Kevin Bond Q&A has been scheduled for Monday 23rd September.

Details here

I'll be putting up some bullet points once I've received the notes taken at the meeting. We don't do formal minutes as we are an adhoc grouping of supporters.

Should point out SUFC apologised at late notice. We do have answers to some of the questions raised earlier in the thread, and I'll combine those along with other comments made last night

Have I read that right that the club didn't turn up?

Have I read that right that the club didn't turn up?

Not really. Rhys had something urgent came up, answered the questions we'd already raised and gave apologies.

Can't really criticise. The original meeting was cancelled because half of the supporters reps were on holiday, myself included.

Last edited:
Anyway, meeting notes.

As I said SUFC were not present but did answer some questions ahead of the meeting and one subsequent.

Season Tickets.... being prepared and should be sent out w/c 22 July.

Kit.... obviously now released. Away kit WILL be available to buy before we go to Coventry. A new two-year deal was agreed with Just Sport at the start of this season which will run until the end of the 2020/21 season. Depending on our situation the agreement will be revisited whilst naturally speaking to other kit suppliers.

East Stand Entrance.... Problem is cars entering to pick people up. Will be raised with those responsible for managing the car park. (I suspect we will be raising this again).

U23 and U18 fixtures..... No U23 fixtures have been announced for next season, we have only received U18 which has been announced, U23 games are notoriously organised quite late. There will be more highlights of U23’s and Academy games throughout the season (U18 highlights were covered a lot last season).

Shareholders AGM.... will speak to our Club secretary to find out if there is plans to have one anytime soon.

Kevin Bond QA..... The Trust have this in hand and more up to details are already on the forum.

We had our usual positive conversation with our Police Liaison Officer, obviously we can't repeat a lot of it here. Generally positive, some issues at Rochdale.

Pubs.... The Spread Eagle will remain HOME ONLY, with the Boar and the Railway happy to accept away supporters as well as home. There may be some exceptions depending on police advice. There isn't an "away only" pub anymore.

Safety Officer... Dave Jobson now retired, a new name will be the Safety Officer. An announcement will be made in the near future.

Away Days.... Travelzone is now Blues on Tour.

TBV.... Thanks to SUFC for helping with flags, balloons etc etc... However, they have lost 5 flags and would quite like them back. So if you know anything.... www.thebluevoice.co.uk

Charity Walk.... Trust will be carrying a walk to Gillingham on 4th / 5th October. Money raised to Havens.

Next meeting Monday 7th October.

Back