• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

..............Polytunnel.

Couldn't make it today, so my son, one of the cats ('Freddy)and the dog ('Shrimper') and I retreated with BBC Essex (just about get it ok on the radio in Suffolk) to the Polytunnel in our garden (away from rest of the noise of our house). The other cat ('Bramble') was asleep - now't different there.

If you wern't there, where did you listen to the game?

I think the match sounded better on the radio than the reports I've read from those of you who were at Gills.......but still would have preferred to be there.

Will be at Donny though, gets too cold in Polytunnel as Autumn gets going.

Up the Blues.

Same here, couldn't make due to have a prior arrangement. Well done the boys, i think we can definitely make it 8 next sunday.

Championship here we come!

I also couldn't make it. I was down to work yesterday and pulled all the strings to get out of it at the last minute - only to come home Friday to read on here that all tickets had sold out and the Gills were being fussy about who to sell home end tickets to
mad.gif

I decided not to listen to the match as I was out and about with my baby daughter. Instead I got home with her at about 6 pm, put on Sky Sports News and treated her to a rousing chorus of 'We're going up with Tilly and Brush' when our score came up!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Oct. 02 2005,08:51)]I bet she thinks daddy is strange ...

biggrin.gif
Nah - remember she is so young she doesn't realise I'm being a prat!

Mind you she is growing to the stage where bright, flashing lights and ringing bells really captivate her and hold her attention. A bit like you with fruit machines really Kev  
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Oct. 02 2005,08:51)]I bet she thinks daddy is strange ...

biggrin.gif
There is nothing strange about someone who gives away tickets to the Festival of Erotica to his friends.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mcnasty @ Oct. 02 2005,09:41)]
[b said:

biggrin.gif
There is nothing strange about someone who gives away tickets to the Festival of Erotica to his friends.
No - but the dirty old men who accept said tickets, they really are wierd!
wink.gif

I couldnt get to the game so I listened to it on Blues World in the Uni library. It closes quite early on a Saturday afternoon though, so I had to leave about 2 minutes before the final whistle, so I scarpered to the SU bar where Sky Sports news was on just to make sure we held on for the points.

I predict a similar run of events next Saturday as well!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Oct. 02 2005,09:35)]
[b said:

biggrin.gif

Mind you she is growing to the stage where bright, flashing lights and ringing bells really captivate her and hold her attention. A bit like you with fruit machines really Kev
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

She'll be saying "Tilly and Brush" before "Mummy and Daddy" ...

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Oct. 02 2005,14:18)]
[b said:
[b said:

biggrin.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

tounge.gif
and will Ron Martin be 'Uncle Ron'?
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Oct. 02 2005,14:18)]
[b said:
[b said:

biggrin.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

tounge.gif
And the problem with that is what exactly....?

tounge.gif

I have to start her early, if it was down to the missus her first words would be 'Jonah' and 'Lomu' and we can't have that!

Back