• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Einstein

Esch Zhed Eff Schee
Just seen on BBC website that our bid was a 'stronger offer' than Oxfords.   Now I'm under the impression Oxford made a bid of £150,000?  And I thought ours was in the region of £75,000.   Does this mean we did offer more incentives(Gray/Edwards?!) or a big sell-on fee to tempt them?

Or is it purely because we had more credibility than Oxford's bid because Agogo wouldn't want a sideways move?

It has certainly got me thinking that the club are definitely putting in the effort and resources to get the calibre of players in, which we all want to seee.

Stronger Offer?

Read this morning in the sun that Bristol are looking at offering Agogo a new contract and looks like if it is offered he will sign.

rock.gif

I think that 250k bid was just a rumour...

I think whether Agogo signs for BR will depend on how Rovers are doing - he knows there's interest from clubs in a higher division, so if they're languishing in the bottom half he might not sign it...

I hope we get him. He would be a great addition to the squad!

You're probably right, Glasgowsufc, considering he's out of contract over the summer, they should be falling over themselves to offer him a new contract, nt just 'looking at it'!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Sep. 05 2005,11:01)]Read this morning in the sun that Bristol are looking at offering Agogo a new contract and looks like if it is offered he will sign.

rock.gif
That's not what I read. According to the Sun he said:-

"I met the chairman last Thursday and the club are willing to offer me a new contract. So I am listening to what they say but i'm keeping my options open at the moment."

At no point does he say he will sign. In fact it doesn't really say anyhting we couldn't have worked out for ourselves. He is being offered a new contract. Big deal. I think BR would be mad not to offer one. And he's listening. Again big deal, he'd be mad not to.

But he's keeping his options open at the moment. This is the interesting bit. I doubt he'll stay if he thinks they won't go up this season, and the way they are going at the moment i'm not too sure they will.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prodigal Son @ Sep. 05 2005,11:36)]Read over the weekend that Wigan are keeping watch.
Seems unlikely to me.
I don't know - That wanted Windass didn't they. Paul Jewell seems to keep his eye on the lower leagues - which is a good thing. Coz there are very good players in the leagues 1 and 2 who could possibly do a job at Championship and even Premier$hite level if given a chance.

Of course Bristol Rovers are going to offer a contract to Agogo. Jointed top scorer in League Two with Grant Holt on 6 goals. He is their best player by fair, and is wanted by at least two Clubs (Southend and Oxford). If he does sign then Bristol Rovers can command any fee they want for him, and by offering him a deal it shows intent to the fans, who in turn will be happy.

Anyways, if he doesn't sign, when the transfer window opens in January we can talk to him and his agent and get him to sign a pre-contract agreement to join us when his deal expires.

I'd still rather have Holt than Agogo if we're talking about a six-figure deal.
Presumably, Atkins welcomed the interest from other clubs to give him a bargaining position with the Bristol Rovers board over a new Agogo contract.

Obviously not so much of an issue with Holt seeing as he signed an improved deal in the summer.

Did anyone see the Holt goal from last weekend I think?? Pure class, saw it on Soccer am on saturday!!

If Agogo signs a contract there, he will be a mug. There is a place for loyalty in football but when your club seems to be struggling to make any real headway on the top of the table when you've a) been scoring goals and b) got one of the largest supports in the league (quite possibly THE largest now) then it must be time to look elsewhere.

The club have had their chance to make money off of your sale and refused so if they don't look like promotion material, call it a day son and go and find a more suitable stage for your talents.

Do I want him? Not sure. Heard very unflattering reports from BRFC fans about his attitude so in spite of his talent, probably no.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ Sep. 05 2005,15:05)]Of course Bristol Rovers are going to offer a contract to Agogo. Jointed top scorer in League Two with Grant Holt on 6 goals. He is their best player by fair, and is wanted by at least two Clubs (Southend and Oxford). If he does sign then Bristol Rovers can command any fee they want for him, and by offering him a deal it shows intent to the fans, who in turn will be happy.

Anyways, if he doesn't sign, when the transfer window opens in January we can talk to him and his agent and get him to sign a pre-contract agreement to join us when his deal expires.
Regardless of what Football Manager would have you believe, its illegal to approach a player in the same country as you until he enters the final week of his contract.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ Sep. 05 2005,15:05)]Of course Bristol Rovers are going to offer a contract to Agogo. Jointed top scorer in League Two with Grant Holt on 6 goals. He is their best player by fair, and is wanted by at least two Clubs (Southend and Oxford). If he does sign then Bristol Rovers can command any fee they want for him, and by offering him a deal it shows intent to the fans, who in turn will be happy.

Isn't this method a bit forceful, and not Tilly's usual style at all!?!

Back