• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
We had another very successful Christmas Party yesterday evening at the Kursaal Bowl for what ended up being 51 very excitable Junior Blues.

As it had been a rest day for the team, we were very grateful to those who came along - Phil Brown, who played Santa in dishing out the children's presents, Dan Bentley, John White, Paul Smith, Ryan Leonard, Ben Coker, Stephen McLaughlin, Myles Weston, Gary Deegan, Jason Williams, plus a number of U21 players. As always, it's hugely gratifying to see just how good some of our players are with the youngsters and I have to single out Dan who was immense, he was one of the first to arrive, and last to leave, made sure each of the children on his lane got their turns and was encouraging and coaching them, making sure they all had his attention. Just brilliant effort on his part. The others were great as well, but Dan is just such a great ambassador for the club on all levels, plus he's one of the JB favourites - huge thanks to all of them.

Thanks on here to Bucket & Spade, who came along to help out.

Not sure if there were any Zoner children there last night (I think there were), but please feel free to share photos here if you were.

This was new Commercial Director Danny's first JB event so it was interesting on many levels!
Christmas PArty 2015.jpg2008-09-29 21.27.36.jpg2008-09-29 20.58.08.jpg

Great stuff. I really must sign my son up - can you do it any time or does it have to be at the start of a season?

Great stuff. I really must sign my son up - can you do it any time or does it have to be at the start of a season?

You can sign up any time, application form attached here for you. We've a dedicated JB match coming up in the 2nd half of the season so will be promoting Junior Blues even more around that date.

JB app form 2014.jpg

This is the second JB Xmas party I have attended with her kids and they literally do to stop talking about for days after.

I asked Kay when the boys membership needed renewing, she replied saying there is no renewal so for £10.00 it will cover the kid(s) until they are 16 (I believe) which in my eyes is amazing value for money.

I understand you may have to pay for the event the JB guys put on but last night event was £6.00 each which included 2 games of bowling,food and soft drinks.

Our children are the future of the football club so the guys at the trust do a grand job with helping with the kids experience so please consider signing them up

This is the second JB Xmas party I have attended with her kids and they literally do to stop talking about for days after.

I asked Kay when the boys membership needed renewing, she replied saying there is no renewal so for £10.00 it will cover the kid(s) until they are 16 (I believe) which in my eyes is amazing value for money.

I understand you may have to pay for the event the JB guys put on but last night event was £6.00 each which included 2 games of bowling,food and soft drinks.

Our children are the future of the football club so the guys at the trust do a grand job with helping with the kids experience so please consider signing them up

So very true, my son use to go when Frankie Banks ran it on a shoe string, now 27 living in London, but still comes down for the game
OBL gets a lot of ***** aimed at her from posters on here, but they never praise her when giving up so much time out of her life for the kids, seems to have been a roaring success , cannot wait for grand kids and joining another generation of shrimper up

UTS

Thank you for your kind words, the Christmas Party is the only one we currently charge the children for ourselves. The £6 charge also included a tube of JB branded "smarties" type sweets in a tube (thanks Outstanding Branding! :winking:) which are now also available for sale from the Trust stand and online.

It does take up a lot of my time, I won't lie about that, but I wouldn't do it if I didn't enjoy it - however, I did draw the line when I was asked just recently if I would take on the regular commitment of writing the JB page for the programmes! I do think that I give quite enough of my "spare" time to the club, and especially to the Junior Blues, so I politely declined.

I wouldn't be able to do so if it weren't for the support of my family and friends though, especially my wonderful husband who is always 100% behind me with every JB event we run.

Good work OBL :thumbsup: You deserve a huge pat on the back. Great to see so many young shrimpers enjoying the event.
..and well done to the players for their time (i'm sure you wouldn't get Prem League players doing that). :Worthy:

So very true, my son use to go when Frankie Banks ran it on a shoe string, now 27 living in London, but still comes down for the game
OBL gets a lot of ***** aimed at her from posters on here, but they never praise her when giving up so much time out of her life for the kids, seems to have been a roaring success , cannot wait for grand kids and joining another generation of shrimper up

UTS

Joined up my sons back in early 90's (where doe's the time go!). They really enjoyed it, especially the trip arranged to the 'old Wembley', and their pics taken in the Royal Box!

We had another very successful Christmas Party yesterday evening at the Kursaal Bowl for what ended up being 51 very excitable Junior Blues.

As it had been a rest day for the team, we were very grateful to those who came along - Phil Brown, who played Santa in dishing out the children's presents, Dan Bentley, John White, Paul Smith, Ryan Leonard, Ben Coker, Stephen McLaughlin, Myles Weston, Gary Deegan, Jason Williams, plus a number of U21 players. As always, it's hugely gratifying to see just how good some of our players are with the youngsters and I have to single out Dan who was immense, he was one of the first to arrive, and last to leave, made sure each of the children on his lane got their turns and was encouraging and coaching them, making sure they all had his attention. Just brilliant effort on his part. The others were great as well, but Dan is just such a great ambassador for the club on all levels, plus he's one of the JB favourites - huge thanks to all of them.

Thanks on here to Bucket & Spade, who came along to help out.

Not sure if there were any Zoner children there last night (I think there were), but please feel free to share photos here if you were.

This was new Commercial Director Danny's first JB event so it was interesting on many levels!
View attachment 3851View attachment 3852View attachment 3853

Great stuff OBL........ It's great to see so many kids wearing the colours and that goes for the kids around town too...... They're after all, the future of the club.

UTS

F*** me he is looking rough for his age, Frankie.

Back