• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
Don't know how many of you will have seen this on the OS, or how many sons and daughters/grandchildren of SZ members might have come along, but we held our Junior Blues Christmas Party at the Kursaal Bowl on Monday evening.

We had over 40 children there, and they all seemed to have a great time with players on each lane so the children all had access to them. Plenty of opportunities for autographs and photos! The players were fantastic with the kids, and some of them really took time to encourage and make the kids feel good! There are some great photos on the link.

Big thanks to all that came along, and especially the two "mascots" - they worked bloody hard! :clap:

http://www.southendunited.co.uk/news/article/101213-christmas-party-jb-1227359.aspx

It's good to see Bennett Bowling, hopefully not long until he is back, will be a class act for us

Indeed it was a bit weird walking in to the Kursaal to see Freddy/Whitey & Mr Bennett on their way out - I just froze & made a strange noise a them .
I then noticed Bentley/Coker/Timlin & Prosser trying out one of those hardest punch machines.
My perplexity was completed when I saw Strakes & Lenny shouting and cheering at my lad as he chucked a tenpin.
I am still having odd dreams about the whole thing.

Indeed it was a bit weird walking in to the Kursaal to see Freddy/Whitey & Mr Bennett on their way out - I just froze & made a strange noise a them .
I then noticed Bentley/Coker/Timlin & Prosser trying out one of those hardest punch machines.
My perplexity was completed when I saw Strakes & Lenny shouting and cheering at my lad as he chucked a tenpin.
I am still having odd dreams about the whole thing.
We had to start sending the players home as otherwise we'd never have got the thing finished! :smile:

John stayed right to the very end as his wife and little lad turned up then, they were all great and it was lovely to see them all so at ease and relaxed with the kids.

Back