• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just a little treat for you.. That i came across

Thanks J.Not sure if it warrants being a new thread as i'm sure most have seen it before but it felt good all the same.

Wait for the one this year at Wembley though;)

Clip starts with a nice shot of Mr Herman praying for a goal, we should all try that next time we get a corner:)

Happy days . Great team spirit .

One Kevin Maher, there's only ....

Can't we get a collection of these and make them into a sticky ?

i still love Juppys celebration... it brings a tear to my eye, he doesn't know what's going on and what to do! one of the best moments in sport!

:) :) :) :)

Simply Brilliant, Good find.

I was gutted i couldn't make the match that day, but watched it in a pub in Rayleigh, first and only time i've gone properly mental in a pub.

Always loved Juppy's goal the way he suddenly bolts down the pitch from nowhere! Pure brilliance what a unforgettable day!! Will always be there in my heart forever. :D

I just remember thinking "Pass it Fred to whoever that is errrrr Benno? ****ing hell its Juppy"! I will never forget that day.

There was a kid sitting (or rather slumped unconscious) a few seats from me that day who was so ****ed that he had to be carried out by medics shortly before the kick off. Whilst a shame for the lad that he probably missed a great game I feel, nonetheless, that this display of reckless youthful impetuousness should be commended. Sometimes the temptation to take things too far cannot be resisted.

Last edited:
That always reminds me of when at the End of Season Sponsors Bash that year held at the Rendezvous, bear in mind this was event was held before the Grimsby game. A few of us had a table which Drunken was our player guest for the night, and MrB asked Juppy what would he do if he scored the goal that secured our promotion, he laughed as he had not scored for us and in fact had only scored 4 times before in his entire career, when pressed he said he would not know what to do and would probably run around like a headless chicken. We then told him we had faith he was going to get the goal, although I am sure it was the countless bottles of vino that had been consumed that gave us the faith. So when the Grimsby game came and went, a few felt that our alcohol induced prediction had fallen flat, that was until that moment of extra time when we saw Juppy flying down the pitch to help out Freddy. If only I had the conviction to stick a bet on that goal. Oh well happy days and surrounded by a hard core of supporters who made the 3rd trip to Cardiff to be finally rewarded was enough compensation for the loss of potential earnings gained.

It was good to see Freddy play as he did pre-Championship and actually pass the ball to a teammate when bearing down on the goal. I am sure in the Championship days Freddy would have tried his luck on goal rather than thread ball to jupp who had a clear sight on goal. Oh those were the days. :D

There was a kid sitting (or rather slumped unconscious) a few seats from me that day who was so ****ed that he had to be carried out by medics shortly before the kick off. Whilst a shame for the lad that he probably missed a great game I feel, nonetheless, that this display of reckless youthful impetuousness should be commended. Sometimes the temptation to take things too far cannot be resisted.

first sounded like me.. but i stayed for the game, near enough being carried from the pub.. **** me i sobered up at kick off though!

Looking back, what on earth possessed Duncan Jupp to make that run? He came from nowhere, you think that him trying to score would be the last thing on his mind!

Ah goosebumps after Juppy scored the second :D

Looking back, what on earth possessed Duncan Jupp to make that run? He came from nowhere, you think that him trying to score would be the last thing on his mind!

I would like to think he did it as kind of pay back to the boys on the table, as per my post above, for such a great night and the belief that he would score for Southend. :D

Back