• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just a suggestion

Sean 2

Director
Ok,don't batter me with neg-rep over this but think of it as a possible improvement for the team.

We need Sodge's aerial ability.He had a rest last week and a chance to reflect on the bench,fair enough.But ask yourself,who's the best partner for him in the middle?

For me,it's got to be the one pairing we have not seen all season.These two played together last season and we went on an amazing unbeaten run.Southend hardly conceded any goals at all during that period and we looked unbeatable with a defence that included Che,who many believe to possess limited ability to say the least (not my opinion btw)

So,do you remember who partnered Sodge last year when he came to us in Jan(i think it was Jan)? Of course,it was Mr Barrett.Now we all know how much improved Peter Clarke is these days but for me,but i miss those rampaging runs from the back that is Adam's trademark.In my eyes,he played more as a traditional role of centre-back,with Efe acting as a sweeper at times.Adam would try to do everything in front of him to stop the ball coming through,and if it did,Efe would clear it.

What about Clarkey i hear you cry.Well,for the good of the team he can play full-back,i'm sure he'll be better than others there too.

Last edited:
Negative rep coming right up :)

Sodje is a nervous wreck at the moment, he should be no where near the team at the moment.

Barrett and Clarke will do fine thanks, and why play Clarke out of position now he has finally found his form?

Making comparisons to last year are irrelevant, that was a long time ago against a different level of ability and players are in different form.

Last edited:
Spinner and Clarke - you heard it here first with AB playing up front alongside JCR. Full line up as follows

Collis

Francis Spinner Clarke Hammell

Bradders Super KM Macca Gower

AB JCR

It may sound mental but the way our strikers are playing we might score more goals with them up front. barrets got the strength and air ability and jcr has the speed and shooting, you cant go wrong with that. however colis in goal, i dont think so, flavs has been my player of the season.

Last edited:
At thsi stage of our season am i not willing to try a new partnership. Therefore i say stick with the best 2 centre backs, Clarkey and Barrett.

Negative rep coming right up :)

Sodje is a nervous wreck at the moment, he should be no where near the team at the moment.

Barrett and Clarke will do fine thanks, and why play Clarke out of position now he has finally found his form?

Making comparisons to last year are irrelevant, that was a long time ago against a different level of ability and players are in different form.

Making comparisons to last year are relevant.In this instance i'm refering to a combination in defence that because i've seen them play together i know they compliment each other's game well.In fact,i can't even make that comparison because they haven't even played together this season.This defence looks good on paper;

FRANCIS SODGE BARRETT CLARKE

Ok,don't batter me with neg-rep over this but think of it as a possible improvement for the team.

We need Sodge's aerial ability.He had a rest last week and a chance to reflect on the bench,fair enough.But ask yourself,who's the best partner for him in the middle?

For me,it's got to be the one pairing we have not seen all season.These two played together last season and we went on an amazing unbeaten run.Southend hardly conceded any goals at all during that period and we looked unbeatable with a defence that included Che,who many believe to possess limited ability to say the least (not my opinion btw)

So,do you remember who partnered Sodge last year when he came to us in Jan(i think it was Jan)? Of course,it was Mr Barrett.Now we all know how much improved Peter Clarke is these days but for me,but i miss those rampaging runs from the back that is Adam's trademark.In my eyes,he played more as a traditional role of centre-back,with Efe acting as a sweeper at times.Adam would try to do everything in front of him to stop the ball coming through,and if it did,Efe would clear it.

What about Clarkey i hear you cry.Well,for the good of the team he can play full-back,i'm sure he'll be better than others there too.

You are missing something very important here and that is that Sodje has been having a Nightmare lately ,he is just not the same Commanding and win everything in the air Player that he was last Season .He's actually not been the same since his Broken Leg and has now got an unfamiliar panic about his Game and has also lost some pace and looks knackered after about 60 minutes .Barrett and Clarke are on a higher level at the moment .

Sodge's had a rest,i say bring him back.Barrett and Clarke are too similar in their play.Sodge was brilliant against Spurs and Man U,two games which spring to mind.Plymuff are good in the air and will be strong at home.
We need to compete to give our midfield a chance to play.As i say,let Barrett do all the work for him and Sodge can pick the rest off.
Barry Hayles won't give us an easy ride,simply can't get overrun like against Barnsley.

Back