• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend_Lady

Ginger Sam
Havent been back that long from the pub. Arrived a bit late to the meeting and arrived to smiles of people glad to see more shirmpers turning up. Got to have been 150ish people there with scarves and hats! Was really funny when the players got told off for talking. There were a couple of counsellors talking absolute bullsh*t - "would a racecourse be approved on greenbelt for example cheltenham...." then Ron said "well lets talk about Rochford for tonight" made the counseller look like a right twit! There was also a lily savage soundalike there and a very aggresive sounding counseller that sounded like he spat everytime he spoke. Very funny standing outside, listening to the chants of "you dont know what your doing" and "sit down shut up".
Most say best speech of the night by counseller Glyn or Glenn?? she said shen wanted something for the town to be proud of and something that her kids and grandkids could enjoy and that she was therefore behind it, this was met with massive cheers, I think her speech was a brilliant one that possibly swayed the lily savage soundalike into changing his mind.
As the decision was announce the flashes if the photographers went off as a piece of history was captured as well as chants of "theres only one Ron Martin"
Was worth every inch of frost bit that I suffered.
what a great time to support the blues.
the futures bright, the futures blue and white :)

Great stuff! Ron knows how to deal with these people. Remember, they are no better than us normal folk, it's the top politicians who are more wiley...and Ron is a proper businessman who is able to think fast and act accordingly.

I was fortunate enough to be allowed into the chambers last night, along with my daughter. We were given seats next to RM and the SUFC contigent.Have to say RM looked very nervous and anxious. The opening speech was reccomending for refusal. 1st speaker - councillor (wont use their names)was from sutton parish and objected on 8 grounds all airy fairy really and the boo's from outside could clearly be heard. Then RM took to the stand. He remained quite nervous and I could see from where I was sitting the poor man was shaking. He clearly said to the chambers that "he would not be able to immplement what SBC had passed if RC did not agree. Also said that these WERE special circumstances, and he was happy to work with the council if restrictions were placed. The 3rd speaker (on behalf of the residents) said that they were not Nimby's, that the training grounds were red herrings? and that SUFC should train at Gloucester park or southend rugby pitches. He was subjected to boo's and chants of "sit down shut up". As already posted on hear Cllr Glynn was the one who brought the debate forward and made a good case for SUFC. As a elderly woman (she must have been in her 70s) she presented her case very well and spoke a lot of common sense. By this time RM appeared more relaxed and was sitting more comfortably, I do however have to say GK did'nt look comfortable his face became redder as the evening wore on and at one time I was convinced he was going to be a candidate for a heart attack, which caused me some panic as a) i was sitting almost next to him and b) I am medically trained!!!.
Anyway the floor was opened for debate and the usual arguments were discussed some for some against.
Quote of the evening came from a cllr, who stated the sight was of historical interest and was related to the saxon king. She also said the car parking should remain at Roots Hall.
Throughout the night the noise could be clearly heard and on a few occassions it caused RM to have a big grin on his face.
You are all probably now aware of how the voting went, and although it did get approved there was 14 recommendations. Dont think I can list them all but will list some of the more important ones. 1)access to the car park falls on private land and access would have to be negoiated with the owner 2)car park only to be used by SUFC, 3) and only as an overspill car park, 4)SUFC should provide soft landscaping 5)The floodlight pitches should have limited use,6)There should be a cycle network 7)That there is interconnectivity between club and RC.
Phew that's the watered down version.
Nothing there that cannot be addressed by RM. Funniest occurence of the evening was the voting. As the chairman asked the councillors "all those in favour" Sodji stood at the back and raised both of his hands.

Did anyone else see James Bourne, formally of Busted fame there last night?..

Fair play to him for supporting his local side.

:)

Back