• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

just been on norwich official website

Alex

Members
it says that mathias svensson ( a striker ) is out for weeks with knee liganment damage and nigel worthington has 1.2 million in the kitty to spend on new players in january of which is in just over a week and the transfer window opens

1.2 mil to spend, and they're gonna blow almost half on a unproven kid from the 4th Division? Don't think so.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Birri @ Dec. 21 2004,16:42)]what about on an international !
Tes Bramble is an international!

laugh.gif

SAFE can see the £££££££ signs already.

Controversially, I agree with Steve. Half a million for a player who's only just played double figures in terms of professional games? I don't think so.

Just as a comparison, a couple of other half million pound players:

Matt Holland: Ipswich regular with Premier$hite experience. Was tipped for England.

Hermann Hreidarsson: International defender who won Supporter's player of the year on relegation from the Prem.

It's just a rumour and I bet the lad who started it's pretty chuffed it's run this far.

But Blackburn bought Jon Stead for £1 million in last years transfer window.

Oh hang on who was Blackburns manager at the time.

Mr G. Souness

Ah, that explains that one then...  
wink.gif

Norwich have bid 1 million for Dean Ashton, but this has been laughed at by Dario Gradi.
All speculation of course
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (gazzacat42 @ Dec. 21 2004,18:09)]Norwich have bid 1 million for Dean Ashton, but this has been laughed at by Dario Gradi.
All speculation of course
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
I'm not surprised. Ashton's consistently been prolific in a struggling Crewe side since he was 18. If Earnshaw can pull in millions, I don't see why Ashton shouldn't. Let's also not forget that Ashton is a massive reason for Crewe staying in the first division.

More fine work from Dario Graqdi, I dare say.

matt holland was never tipped for england as he is irish and currently plays for the republic of ireland!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (proud2bashrimper @ Dec. 21 2004,20:18)]matt holland was never tipped for england as he is irish and currently plays for the republic of ireland!
laugh.gif

I was going to say that I was pretty sure he'd captained Ireland at some point.

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Dec. 21 2004,17:28)]SAFE can see the £££££££ signs already.

Controversially, I agree with Steve.  Half a million for a player who's only just played double figures in terms of professional games?  I don't think so.

Just as a comparison, a couple of other half million pound players:

Matt Holland:  Ipswich regular with Premier$hite experience.  Was tipped for England.

Hermann Hreidarsson:  International defender who won Supporter's player of the year on relegation from the Prem.

It's just a rumour and I bet the lad who started it's pretty chuffed it's run this far.
Thought that was quite funny, you comparing ex Ipswich players, as it's scummy N*rwich were on about.

tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (proud2bashrimper @ Dec. 21 2004,20:18)]matt holland was never tipped for england as he is irish and currently plays for the republic of ireland!
Whereabouts in Ireland is Bury?

Matt Holland

Since when has being English ever been a disqualification for playing for Ireland?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Dec. 21 2004,17:28)]Matt Holland:  Ipswich regular with Premier$hite experience.  Was tipped for England.
Shame he plays for Ireland though!

...I'll get me 'confusing Matt Holland and Jermaine Wright' coat.

(Probably a strongre point with the Ireland point though.)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Dec. 22 2004,10:52)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Dec. 21 2004,17:28)]Matt Holland:  Ipswich regular with Premier$hite experience.  Was tipped for England.
Shame he plays for Ireland though!
Nice one Dave, must have taken you ages to think of that. I'm amazed nobody mentioned it sooner.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Dec. 22 2004,10:41)]Since when has being English ever been a disqualification for playing for Ireland?
Tony Casacarino saga ever come to mind?

Turns out he should never have played for Ireland at all, because he's English.

And he was Eire's all time top scorer as well.....
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Dec. 22 2004,12:12)]...I'll get me 'confusing Matt Holland and Jermaine Wright' coat.
Easy mistake to make. After all, they do look alike...
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kris @ Dec. 22 2004,14:12)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Dec. 22 2004,12:12)]...I'll get me 'confusing Matt Holland and Jermaine Wright' coat.
tounge.gif
Just like Jeroen Boere and Leo Roget do?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kris @ Dec. 22 2004,14:12)]
[b said:
tounge.gif
Well, they are from the same country.

I'll bet he'd not have got an Irish passport until they came sniffing about. Irish Grandmother from County Monaghan? Pah

Back