• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

tommy tucker

Manager
That Garath Answorth has stated to worry that his team are suffering from injurys and red cards .And he has said that he would like to see a stalemate draw for bury and Southend Tuesday night .Lets hope our lads can make it more of a worry with 3 points .Then they wont just be looking over there shoulders we will right there beside them .

Yes, I think Wycombe are struggling badly. To my mind Bury are favourites to finish third now. I fear that we'll draw with them, beat Luton and lose to Morecambe. I really, really, really hope I'm wrong and that we can win all three matches, but Piggott and Cassidy will have to be more effective than they were when I saw them yesterday.

Yes, I think Wycombe are struggling badly. To my mind Bury are favourites to finish third now. I fear that we'll draw with them, beat Luton and lose to Morecambe. I really, really, really hope I'm wrong and that we can win all three matches, but Piggott and Cassidy will have to be more effective than they were when I saw them yesterday.

My wife should be a Southend fan. She reckons we'll beat Bury and then lose to Luton and Morecambe!

Again, I hope she's wrong, but that is a typical Southend fan thing to say.

I hope we continue to give Ainsworth plenty of worries, and also sleepless nights before 24th May. Odious bloke who I think has only got where he has by continually putting pressure on officials and encouraging his players to do the same.

I see them slipping against Northampton. There's still a way to go and it is a cliché but we do have to take it one game a time but we've hit form at a great time this season. The original Bury game we were going into off the back of a gutting late defeat to Burton and a bore draw against Cambridge. We're now heading into it with 5 wins on the bounce and not conceded in 6!

Would still rather be in their shoes than ours.

You say that but they have everything to lose and we have everything to gain.

They have been in the top three all season and for the majority of it they were top. We haven't been there all season, so not making top three shouldn't be a huge disappointment or shock to most fans. If I was a Wycombe fan or player and I end up in fourth then I would be massively disappointed! Just like when we entered the playoffs with 83 points and been top of the table that season.

Adding to that we would go into the playoffs full of confidence with a fully fit, full squad. Wycombe wouldn't.

Wycombe have more of a problem if we lose to Bury. Bury have then only Wimbledon and Tranmere to play. The only consolation should we lose, then at least Bury will no longer be a potential play off opponent. Exciting though !

i do think we're in the worst position of the 3. I would probably want to be in Bury's position myself. I know people always say points on the board but its in their own hands whereas we and Wycombe don't have that

I think if we (Bury) hopefully win this game,i think we may be promoted on saturday if we beat the Dons as i think Wycombe will collapse after losing 3rd spot.

3 weeks ago, we was out of the promotion race and only worries about getting enough points on board to make sure we don't slip out of the play off altogether, now we are in 3 horse race for 3rd place, pressure is on cheating Wycombe and a win on Tuesday, we are right back in it!

I think if we (Bury) hopefully win this game,i think we may be promoted on saturday if we beat the Dons as i think Wycombe will collapse after losing 3rd spot.

I think that will happen to either of us.

Massive, massive game. The only team I would fear in the play-offs is Bury, very good side and in great form. Likewise I'm sure the only side you wouldn't want to face in the play-offs at any stage is us. I'm not concerned about Wycombe, they're not the same team as they were in the first half of the season due to key player departures and a depleted squad. If one of us wins on Tuesday I'd make that side favourites although I do feel a draw would end our own realistic chances of the top 3.

It goes without saying that if Blues lose on Tuesday I'll be rooting for Bury to win their final two games - it'll give us a great chance in the play-offs. Both Bury and Southend are capable of winning all 3 though on current form. Squeaky bum time!

Massive, massive game. The only team I would fear in the play-offs is Bury, very good side and in great form. Likewise I'm sure the only side you wouldn't want to face in the play-offs at any stage is us. I'm not concerned about Wycombe, they're not the same team as they were in the first half of the season due to key player departures and a depleted squad. If one of us wins on Tuesday I'd make that side favourites although I do feel a draw would end our own realistic chances of the top 3.

It goes without saying that if Blues lose on Tuesday I'll be rooting for Bury to win their final two games - it'll give us a great chance in the play-offs. Both Bury and Southend are capable of winning all 3 though on current form. Squeaky bum time!

Already had this conversation with my fellow supporters.If we end up in play offs we hope its Southend who go up automatic.

'ere, Krambo, who does your official 'Behind the scenes' videos. Are they done by the club themselves?

If so, top effort. They are excellent.

Back