• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mick

Life President
..... the refwatch I attempted to post yesterday!

Unusually, the match official is not the one who called off the original game (Carl Boyeson).

The man in charge is David Webb (no, not that David Webb) from County Durham. In his third season, he is quite highly rated as one of the more promising of the younger officials although he was a bit inconsistent when I last saw him. Does not shirk from showing cards.

He has refereed just one Southend United game before, another Tuesday night away game a long way away - Tranmere last season when we lost 2-0. It was suggested that he wasn't too bad that match.

His 26 matches this season including a lot of Championship matches have produced a very slightly above average 82 yellows and 4 reds.

His assistants are S. Bennett (no, not that S. Bennett - this one is Simon) from Stafford and Peter Wright from Merseyside.

Wasn't too bad that match? Huh!!! I was there, were you? **** night, **** ground, **** ref as I remember!

Wasn't too bad that match? Huh!!! I was there, were you? **** night, **** ground, **** ref as I remember!

Of course I wasn't, that's why I said "it was suggested". I had to rely on the comments from those who did go.

For example:

Did ok, I'd have him to ref us again, probably one of the best we've seen this season - not that that is too difficult!

In the bloody rain and being in the Liverpool area, yes it is!

The only person I know that judges how good a ground is by the location and the weather on the day you visit.

Working on that score Anfield, Old Trafford, The Emirates, Wembley & The Millennium would all be **** grounds if you went there in bad weather.

Of course I wasn't, that's why I said "it was suggested". I had to rely on the comments from those who did go.

For example:
OBL...
merked.jpg

Back