• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just found this old photo......

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
July 1971, Dickie Henderson in a summer show at the Cliffs with Southend players during a training session - so, question is (and let's get away from the doom and gloom!) who can we identify? Come on Harry, relying on you here - I can see Bill Garner, but need your expertise on the rest! Oh, and this is another that shows the South Bank, although it doesn't look as high here.

Last edited:
Possibly from the left Ray Ternant, Billy Best, Joe Jaques, Bill garner, really struggling with guys on the right

I can recognise Billy Best and Gary Moore. The bloke on the left holding his left leg is a ringer for our very own callan. :stunned: Who might be Dave Chambers.

Last edited:
Billy Best on the left? Not how I remember him, no tache! Gary Moore the tall blond? I remember the name Joe Jacques but would never recognise him.

reckon far right is Keith Lindsey , obscured between him and Gary Moore might be Dave Elliott

July 1971, Dickie Henderson in a summer show at the Cliffs with Southend players during a training session - so, question is (and let's get away from the doom and gloom!) who can we identify? Come on Harry, relying on you here - I can see Bill Garner, but need your expertise on the rest! Oh, and this is another that shows the South Bank, although it doesn't look as high here.

The guy on the left looks like Kevin Maher.

Last edited:
Why ? was it a link or what ?

No it was a photo with a copyright band right across the middle. The company that owned the picture employ people to scan web-sites and will sue anyone using their photos without permission, hence it's removal.

No it was a photo with a copyright band right across the middle. The company that owned the picture employ people to scan web-sites and will sue anyone using their photos without permission, hence it's removal.

No problem with identifying the website where it can be found though, I guess?

Back