• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just Got Back..( To Barnet mind!)

BARNETBLUE

First XI
I thought the wheels may well come of our great run today, as I expected Swindon would give us a tougher game than they did.

Stand outs for me where Mulgrew, Francis and the centre midfield.
The team worked well as a unit; my only possible crtiticism being our front pairings which were OK but not great.
Barratt and Clarke comfortably dealt with their poor front line, and the only Swindon player who stood out for me was McNamee, a speedy, skillfull winger.
Happily Billy Paynter was, well Billy Paynter!

So a reasonably comfortable and well controlled 3 points on the road.Pitch was sticky near the dug outs.Away support I would guess at 700-800 odd.
Home support particularly subdued, but they had very little to cheer about

UTB!

Agree with all your comments.

Defence were outstanding and sometimes let down by wingers tracking their men. Clarke and Barrett finally seem to have built up a rapport with each other.

It's amazing how quickly you can get drawn into playing like the opposition. Swindon were so poor and we spent much of the first half punting long. We looked a class apart when we tried to keep it on the deck to get behind them.

I thought it was Billy Paynters most effective performance for the blues today so a big thank you - I loved his miss from 10 yards over!!

Will mention two idiots that sat behind me. From first minute to last they spent the whole game criticising Mark Gower. They ignored any positive play and just moaned when he did something wrong or didn't even do anything. He didn't have his best game but he wasn't awful. Don't need fans like this at the club - clueless.

Flahavan made one great save in the second half, the goal looked a bit of a fluke. Not that I'm bothered by that! Black worked hard, Gower was a bit hit-and-miss. The rest did "exactly what it says on the tin". Three happy smiley bouncy points, thank you. Journey was OK each way - apparently there were 5 coaches.

Agree with all your comments.

Defence were outstanding and sometimes let down by wingers tracking their men. Clarke and Barrett finally seem to have built up a rapport with each other.

It's amazing how quickly you can get drawn into playing like the opposition. Swindon were so poor and we spent much of the first half punting long. We looked a class apart when we tried to keep it on the deck to get behind them.

I thought it was Billy Paynters most effective performance for the blues today so a big thank you - I loved his miss from 10 yards over!!

Will mention two idiots that sat behind me. From first minute to last they spent the whole game criticising Mark Gower. They ignored any positive play and just moaned when he did something wrong or didn't even do anything. He didn't have his best game but he wasn't awful. Don't need fans like this at the club - clueless.

That quite possibly could have been me n my mates but we were doing it so tongue in cheek it must have been obvious. We were taking the p*ss out of fans that use Gower as a scapegoat when the team's not playing well.

Then again it might not have been us.

it weren't pretty today by far but very happy with result. thought they were there for the taking to be honest after quite a bright start from us but we didn just sit back after scoring which was dissapointing. no one in the team was amazing today but the defence was solid and central midfield was strong. thought wingers were very poor which when they play poor the whole team usually does. but that being said we grinded out a result and thats a great sign of playing bad but still winning, thats how you get promoted, no way you can play great every game which makes these sort of game so important especially with results really going our way.

now onto walsall which i think is a huge game, 3 point plsssss

That quite possibly could have been me n my mates but we were doing it so tongue in cheek it must have been obvious. We were taking the p*ss out of fans that use Gower as a scapegoat when the team's not playing well.

Then again it might not have been us.

Wasn't you buddy - this was malicious - definitely no tongue in cheek. Really wound me up!! Don't mind the occasional frustrated comment but this was relentless.

Much like 5 or 6 people (at least 3 of them involved in a high profile supporters role with either the Trust and/or a fans website) at the Swansea game on Friday.

It was just constant moaning the whole 90 minutes.

"Gower, why don't you just f**k off, you add nothing"
"Robson-Kanu, laziest striker we've had down here in years"
"Mulgrew, why don't you ever f**king tackle?" - before penalty
"Mulgrew, stand off him a bit, don't make a f**king stupid challenge" - after penalty

And the classic one of all-time (Alanis Morrissette has nothing on the irony here!)

"Come on Southend, pretend it's an away game, at least the atmosphere will be better"

SHOCKING!

:thumbdown:

Back