• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just Got Back

HUTTON

From Reading at it was awesome :finger: :finger:

Special mentions for Gogol Bordello, Kings Of Leon, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Funeral For A Friend and Fall Out Boy. They were funking excellent. :finger:

The Fire Tusk Painproof Cirus Show was a little a wierd but still good.

Was a dissapointed with Paramore, Gym Class Heroes and Hellogoodbye. Very poor imo

From Reading at it was awesome :finger: :finger:

Special mentions for Gogol Bordello, Kings Of Leon, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Funeral For A Friend and Fall Out Boy. They were funking excellent. :finger:

The Fire Tusk Painproof Cirus Show was a little a wierd but still good.

Was a dissapointed with Paramore, Gym Class Heroes and Hellogoodbye. Very poor imo

None of which could possibly as half-ar$ed as the Chili's were....

Very disappointing.
The rest of the weekend was a blast, though!

Ye i had many a drunken call from my bro who was at the reading and he said the chilis were poor!

Ye i had many a drunken call from my bro who was at the reading and he said the chilis were poor!

My mate flew up to Hampden Park, Glasgow with her other half to see them. Said that the Reverend and the Makers were awesome, but the Chillis were rubbish. They had to wait 5 hours for them to get on stage.

They got off to a bad start when the mic played up at the start of Can't Stop and never really recovered, hardly talking to the crowd, preferring to jam for minutes on end rather than play any songs (this is OK sometimes, but not for 1o minutes at a time!) and generally looking disinterested.

Their choice of setlist was also a tad bizarre. No Under the Bridge or Higher Ground? Shocking.

None of which could possibly as half-ar$ed as the Chili's were....

Very disappointing.
The rest of the weekend was a blast, though!

I always think they look half arsed when I see tv coverage of their live sets. Anthony Kiedis makes up or mumbles the lyrics more often than not. Either he forgets them everytime he performs or he just can't be bothered.

I saw Fall Out Boy and Panic! At The Disco, at Hammersmith on Wednesday they were awesome my favourite bands.

They got off to a bad start when the mic played up at the start of Can't Stop and never really recovered, hardly talking to the crowd, preferring to jam for minutes on end rather than play any songs (this is OK sometimes, but not for 1o minutes at a time!) and generally looking disinterested.

Their choice of setlist was also a tad bizarre. No Under the Bridge or Higher Ground? Shocking.

One good thing is tho, we know Anthony Kiedis hates West Ham he supports Sheffield United :finger:

TBF, though, the Chili's have been touring for God knows how long now, possibly around a year, and don't have many more dates left before they stop. Bands are like that if they've been on the road for ages. They get tired and overworked and fed up with each other, and their performances towards the end suffer as a result.

Indeed, it was a fantastic weekend. I was very very drunk for most of it. I got there at 2pm on Wednesday and didn't really stop drinking until yesterday morning.

I didn't see the Chili Peppers, although my friends saw them and said they were poor. Having a slanging match on stage when you're headlining a festival is not big or clever. Thankfully, i went to see Biffy Clyro who were superb.

Other highlights- two sets by Jimmy Eat World- especially their late night one in the 'Lock Up' tent- awesome. Also, the Smashing Pumpkins on Sunday totally rocked. Sparta and Kings Of Leon were also class.

Poorest band of the weekend? Maximo Park. Anybody else think they just have one song...? Eagles Of Death Metal were also utter garbage.

Glad the weather held up to.

I always think they look half arsed when I see tv coverage of their live sets. Anthony Kiedis makes up or mumbles the lyrics more often than not. Either he forgets them everytime he performs or he just can't be bothered.

They've been going downhill for ages anyway. None of their studio output in recent years comes near to what they were doing in the 80s and early 90s.

They've been going downhill for ages anyway. None of their studio output in recent years comes near to what they were doing in the 80s and early 90s.

Have to agree. Saw them at Reading in 94 and they rocked but since then it seems that they use lazy and cheesy rhyming couplets and their songs are starting to sound exactly the same. Turn it in now lads, you're becoming Heart FM fodder.......

Back