• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

really was great tonight...
thought noone played badly and the effort was brilliant!
clarke - excellent first half
whole defence - quite solid, worked for it
bailey, macca - alot more involved, never stopped
front two [3] - chasing down, causing problems

and the others did good anyway

up the blues!

For the second game runnig Black had an immense game. Keep it up!

Only topped tonight by Barnard - it is good to once more after Freddy have someone who looks like they might score.

Thought Bailey put in a top notch performance too.

The defence keeping a clean sheet desrve a mention too though they had some luck ..... but we are due some of that.

And finally 10 out of 10 for the A12, clear run back to Hadleigh (Suffolk) in 52 mins, world record.:)

That's pretty darn good. My Leigh-Ipswich record is 1 hour 3 minutes. On a Friday night. A12 isn't bad sometimes :)

Bailey was the best player on the pitch tonight for me. Won everything and worked his nus off. Macca was sublime, Barnard looked very promising and the back 5 looked solid. I could name them all.

It was a great night, capped by winning Barnard to score first, southend to win 1-0, barnard to score first separately and Southed to win separately. I'm now in the process of getting ****ed as i'm taking tomorrow off.

For the second game runnig Black had an immense game. Keep it up!

Only topped tonight by Barnard - it is good to once more after Freddy have someone who looks like they might score.

Thought Bailey put in a top notch performance too.

The defence keeping a clean sheet desrve a mention too though they had some luck ..... but we are due some of that.

And finally 10 out of 10 for the A12, clear run back to Hadleigh (Suffolk) in 52 mins, world record.:)

I would have said Black was our quietest player tonight!

I was pleasantly surprised by Francis, although he did slip over a few times. Hunt has been off form recently so I'd stick with Francis, especially as he adds a lot more going forward and has some height, something we lack hugely.

The more I see of Scannell the more impressed I am. I think we can let him off his late miss, there where bound to be some nerves as he was runnimng through there!

I personally thought tonight showed that Scannell is clearly not a forward but a winger, he looked out of place in the middle and his best bit of play was when he was out wide by the West.

just seen the goal on sky sports!! get in

on to the ratings

Flavs - 7 not much to do but what he did have to do he did well
Francis - 8 very steady (apart from a slipping over a couple of times!!)
Clarke - MOM 8.5 won lots in the air, commanding
Barret - 8 solid
Hammel - 7.5 good free kick for the goal and good delivery all round
black - 7 bit quiet but did ok
macca - 7.5 typical performance and no booking!!
bailey - 7.5 did well
gower 7 poor 1st half, much better 2nd
Barnard - 8.5 constant running and harrasment of defence, needs to watch the line a bit more tho
chaz mac - run himself into the ground, best game i have seen him play

agree/disagree?

That's pretty darn good. My Leigh-Ipswich record is 1 hour 3 minutes. On a Friday night. A12 isn't bad sometimes :)

Getting a clean traffic light run out of Southend is key, as is no road works on the Cuckoo Ewe by pass. Just need a better car than the wife's poxy punto and could drop the time further though might end up getting more points than the Blues so perhaps not.

I keep of late passing someone around Witham with a Southend scarf on their back shelf....any takers?

Getting a clean traffic light run out of Southend is key, as is no road works on the Cuckoo Ewe by pass. Just need a better car than the wife's poxy punto and could drop the time further though might end up getting more points than the Blues so perhaps not.

I keep of late passing someone around Witham with a Southend scarf on their back shelf....any takers?

Yeah that's still a pretty good time though, even in a Punto! My dad did the 1 hour 3 minutes run in a Citroen ZX.

Thought the first half was the usual fare, but what a great second half. Made a nice change to see grit, determination and us to play well.

Barnard didn't do alot for me in the first half. The goal was all that stood out, but my was i impressed by him in the second half. The only downside was he made some silly fouls, notably a deliberate push on one of their guys.

Francis was outstanding, my MOM!

I'd like to see more of Scannell.

Why can't we play like we did in the second half tonight more often, and for a full 90 minutes? Wish we could, as tonight driving home i was really pleased with the team.

Leeds did have at least 4 or 5 clear cut chances when on another day they would go in the net.

All in all a good show.

Now come on Tilson, we need a few more quality players before the window shuts.

Up the Blues!

Funny how different people view the game cos my man of the match was Charlie Mac. The standing ovation he got when he went off was testament to his complete performance and although I havn't been much off a fan of his up until now he has certainly converted me.

TTK, It makes a change to see you on here after a win, and that is not a stab at you in the slightest but i think it underlines how well we did. Good show.

Flahavan 6: Dropped the ball twice on his goal line and was static more than once.

Francis 7.5: A class above Hunt. Something which rarely gets noticed is that he's always on the cover if Clarke or Barrett make a rickett, which Hunt is not, hence why we get caught out at the back on breakaways so much. A proper full back.

Clarke 8: Outstanding. It was like having Sodje back with some of those headers. Had Beckford in his pocket.

Barrett 6.5: Why oh why does he give away such stupid free kicks? Is always insistant on hugging his man which is pretty obvious to refs! Looks shaky at the moment.

Hammell 7.5: Pretty good tonight. Great set piece delivery to go with a good defensive display.

Black 6.5: More huff and puff than usual and a couple of nice moments but needs to produce a bit more.

Bailey 8: Great performance. He was here there and everywhere.

McCormack 7: Better, much better. Thankfully he didn't clout Kilkenny as we all thought he was going to do.

Gower 6.5: Nothing really came off for him in the first half but in the second he improved. Worked hard which was good to see and I see the first showings of a bit of an understanding between him and Barnard.

Barnard 8: The player with the most natural fitness to play for us in recent years? He's not even supposed to be fully fit and yet I don't believe I've ever seen someone run so much in a game. Got the goal he deserved and if the team get on his same wavelength for those runs he'll get goals as he's constantly playing on the shoulder. If he was a couple of yards quicker he'd be a regular for Tottenham.

MacDonald 7: Good to have him back. Not far behind Barnard in the distances run tonight, which is incredible after only a couple of days training. Gotta love his work rate and unlucky with a couple of attempts.

Subs:

Scannell 6.5: What a shame he didn't put that chance away. What a boost that would've been for him. Bizarre running style and he doesn't seem to get out of first gear, yet still beats players. Odd! Did someone say "good pace" for him in this thread? Not quite! Looks handy though. Next season he could be a real gem.

Moussa /: Did he touch the ball?

Leeds did have at least 4 or 5 clear cut chances when on another day they would go in the net.

Did they? I don't recall Daryl having to make a save, and although there were a couple of goal mouth scrambles, there is now way they would have scored 4 or 5, much less, deserve anything out of the game.

For what it's worth, my thoughts were it was a thoroughly deserved victory, but I remain unconvinced by how good a performance it was - purely and simply because Leeds were so inept! They were extremely lucky to beat us earlier in the season, and having seen them a couple of times on the TV since, and now tonight, I find it almost incredible they have won so many games this season. With Gary MacAllister taking over today, I predict that they will finish outside of the playoffs come May.

As for us, there was certainly no doubting the fight and determination amongst the ranks, everyone gave 100% tonight, and although we weren't always fluent, we certainly made up for that with the commitment, work rate and raw passion shown. Normally, if we are leading 1-0 with a few minutes to go, I fear the worst, but tonight I was remarkably relaxed - just didn't see us conceding, which is a good thing.

Stand out player for me on the night was Peter Clarke - that was one of his best games for the club, and showed exactly the kind of defender that we paid all that money for. An almost perfect display of how to be a centre half.

Thought Barnard looked promising, and his partnership with MacDonald seemed to gel quite quickly, the only problem for me here is that they are quite similar in terms of style, and it would concern me the lack of height up front, but both did extremely well tonight.

Macca had his best game in midfield for us tonight for a long time, and Bailey was excellent at times too.... if the lack of space did not enable him to open up the game, he certainly made sure that Leeds were not allowed any time or space themselves.

Have to be pleased overall tonight, as I say, Leeds were about what I expected - quite frankly, not a lot. We have to follow this up with a victory at Brisbane Road on Saturday if we are to step up the pressure on the teams above us, but this should give us plenty of confidence and with a couple of additions in the next 48 hours, then perhaps there is light at the end of the tunnel?

Back