• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Great performance, pure grit and determination from back to front,

my ratings for what there worth

Darryl 5.5 flapped horribly and almost cost us apart from that ok

Francis 7.5 prob one of his best performances tonight

Clarke 7 I still dont like him but was solid tonight

Barrett 7.5 only the fact he lost a lot of headers tonight stopped an 8

Hammell 7 good performance, great free kick that led to goal

Gower 7 worked his socks off and used ball well

Bailey 8 showed some real class at times tonight

Macca 7 won a lot of ball and fought leeds to a standstill

Black 6.5 Done ok but didnt get enough ball IMO

Barnard 8 worked his *** off, scored, and linked play well

Macdonald 7 first class work rate and some nice touches

Scannell 6.5 Good pace would have loved him to score

Moooooooooooooooooos hardly on really

I would agree with pretty much most of these, although I'd have given Barnard a 9.

Can't understand the Peter Clarke love in elsewhere on this thread. OK, he didn't make one of his normal goalscoring opportunity mistakes, but he was far from dominant aerially, he let a couple of balls bounce, his distribution/clearances were as erratic as ever. First half in particular our defence barely won a defensive header.

If you want a reason for our clean sheet, I'd suggest you look at our goalscorer, who hassled and harried the Leeds backline all night. Combined with Charlie MacDonald he never let the Leeds defenders settle and forced them into hurried passes which the likes of McCormack and Bailey snapped up.

I would agree with pretty much most of these, although I'd have given Barnard a 9.

Can't understand the Peter Clarke love in elsewhere on this thread. OK, he didn't make one of his normal goalscoring opportunity mistakes, but he was far from dominant aerially, he let a couple of balls bounce, his distribution/clearances were as erratic as ever. First half in particular our defence barely won a defensive header.

If you want a reason for our clean sheet, I'd suggest you look at our goalscorer, who hassled and harried the Leeds backline all night. Combined with Charlie MacDonald he never let the Leeds defenders settle and forced them into hurried passes which the likes of McCormack and Bailey snapped up.

Are you having a laugh or something. He won nearly everything in the air whereas Barrett won bugger all

Thought Barnard looked promising, and his partnership with MacDonald seemed to gel quite quickly, the only problem for me here is that they are quite similar in terms of style, and it would concern me the lack of height up front, but both did extremely well tonight.

Can I just add in here that Charlie Mac never ceases to amaze me with the number of headers he wins, for a littlish guy he gets up really well frequently beating defenders taller than him. He looked as fresh as a daisy and you just wouldn't have believed he's been out with an injury.

Well there's a surprise. One well deserved win and the fans go overboard. We can raise our game v Leeds and no doubt will do the same at Orient. i'll see if we get the same performance at home to Hartlepool before I raise my hopes. Second half was great and good to see players chasing and closing down, even Marky G. When we keep the ball on the deck and make use of one of the best midfields in the division, as we were doing earlier in the season, we are fantastic. When Marky G is on song we really buzz and at times we got vintage Gower last night.

As for people moaning about Clark, his distribution may be poor but I don't recall Sodje getting the same stick. Great performance. As for Barrett it seems people are finally starting to see the light. Too short, all arms and still cannot marshall a straight back four.

A good performance but Leeds were dire, looked like the Wise departure had knocked the stuffing out of them. Francis played well but Leeds seemed to play 4 centre mids in the midfield, no one really running at our full backs. Orient will be a much better test to see if we can consistently play at that level.

Back