• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Medway Blue

Living on the Island of Relevancy ⭐
.....to Ipswich.

No-one bar Wiggy seems to have commented on the performance, so I'll leave it be, despite having enough to say about it to write an essay. All I'll say is that the performance on field was gutless and quite frankly disgusting. Why did our big players of the season hide?

One thing that did make me proud was the support. I'll never forget that atmosphere tonight. We sung from start till finish; even after we went 5-0 down, we sung the roof off the place, and all the Donny fans could do was look on in awe.

Tonight, we failed to move forward on the pitch, but we definitely turned a corner off it. Tonight we became a REAL club (for want of a better phrase), with endlessly singing fans. This is something that needs to be built on with efforts led by TBV, and this atmosphere NEEDS to be recreated at Roots Hall. It will intimidate teams, spur SUFC on, make the place a fortress and might even be a factor in the decisions of players to sign for us.

Tonight, I was immensely proud to be a Southend fan and to witness the scenes at the KM. It's just a shame that the team were wholly undeserving of such amazing support.

Onwards and upwards - next year will be our year.

Not really much that needs to be added to that, but I couldn't see the funny side to tonights p!ss poor performance. Yes, Halsey as usual is a joke of a ref & a homer one at that, but why did the players give up after going 1-0 down?

I'm off to bed now, coz I'm still p!ssed off & tired. Thankfully I was on the coach driven by the ghost of Ayton Senna!!

Dont be too harsh... If Walker scores that goal, and Halsey doesnt fall for Prices cheating its a different game...

Last thing we needed was an early Donny goal..
After that they blew us away, and it wasnt good to watch

We arent that bad - although I question one or two players commitment out there tonight - they know who they are

I am not sure we will ever get that atmosphere at home, and its a little sad we only ever get like that when we are 3 or 4 down, and its the end of the season, but its amazing to be a part of things like that, even if it is only once or twice a season

Still proud to be a shrimper.. and looking forward to Colchester next season !

I love Southend United Football Club

My post title says it all.

Doncaster were excellent tonight, we couldn't get near them. I can handle defeat when your opposition were that good.

We were already talking about next season on the coach home and I'm looking forward to it. We've had four very eventful seasons under T&B and the entertainment value has been, at times, ground breaking for this club. We have gone through so much in such a short space of time. I feel, like i have all season, that another season in League 1 will do us good. That side in the CCC would need quite hefty investment to stay there but now with another season in L1 we can rebuild where necessary and build for the future.

I can not post without mentioning the atmosphere tonight....simply superb. At times the spectacle in the ground was brilliant. Looking across the Southend fans with the flags, scarves, gonga dancing was a delight.

My post title says it all.

Doncaster were excellent tonight, we couldn't get near them. I can handle defeat when your opposition were that good.

We were already talking about next season on the coach home and I'm looking forward to it. We've had four very eventful seasons under T&B and the entertainment value has been, at times, ground breaking for this club. We have gone through so much in such a short space of time. I feel, like i have all season, that another season in League 1 will do us good. That side in the CCC would need quite hefty investment to stay there but now with another season in L1 we can rebuild where necessary and build for the future.

I can not post without mentioning the atmosphere tonight....simply superb. At times the spectacle in the ground was brilliant. Looking across the Southend fans with the flags, scarves, gonga dancing was a delight.

Knackered but back home ...you wait till I put the pictures up tomorrow Al...sorry I missed you there,but what a great night and a thoroughly enjoyable day on the Barris Harris express.:)

Wow.That's how to turn football into a carnival.

The biggest caning all season on the pitch and by christ NOTHING went right on the night as far as events on the green stuff unfolded.

But hey,who else in the land of football fans or fans of any sport could turn what was the most biggest of disappointments for thier team into a party?!

Be proud tonight Southend.We have all achieved.We came against all the odds to get into the play-offs with our budget and following relegation last year.To Mr Martin,Tilson,Brush and all the squad i thank-you for giving us the dream and getting us this far.

And when it all went pear on the night what a delight to see the support for all those mentioned above in the stands.

I've been up nearly 24hrs now and after flicking thru this board i'm still buzzing even after driving home down the dark and dismal A1,at times just hoping i was still pointing in the right direction!

This little club continues to grow and what fun we're having!!

Wow.That's how to turn football into a carnival.

The biggest caning all season on the pitch and by christ NOTHING went right on the night as far as events on the green stuff unfolded.

But hey,who else in the land of football fans or fans of any sport could turn what was the most biggest of disappointments for thier team into a party?!

Be proud tonight Southend.We have all achieved.We came against all the odds to get into the play-offs with our budget and following relegation last year.To Mr Martin,Tilson,Brush and all the squad i thank-you for giving us the dream and getting us this far.

And when it all went pear on the night what a delight to see the support for all those mentioned above in the stands.

I've been up nearly 24hrs now and after flicking thru this board i'm still buzzing even after driving home down the dark and dismal A1,at times just hoping i was still pointing in the right direction!

This little club continues to grow and what fun we're having!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Everyone that went to Donny tonight: You are absolute legends.

I had my head in my hands at 4-0, and seeing the conga and so forth in the stands really cheered me up. Fantastic support, and am proud to be associated with the same club as you all.

Am in absolute tears right now still after the result, just absolutely devestated to lose like we did - but roll on August and the new season eh?

UTB

Just got back and watched the whole thing again on sky+.

I am so proud of the fans and the team tonight.

After watching the game on TV, I am convinced that both the team and the supporters gave everything on the night. Its just a shame it wasn’t enough on the football field.

Legendary

Back