• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Just got back

Fish

Manager
That's all.

Best away result I've ever been to, combined with the worst journey home I've ever had (and that's including Hartlepool in the snow).

Thank you, First Great Eastern, thank you.

I might as well have done. No trains to Witham from Liverpool Street when we got there at 11, and no explanation as to why or when there might be one. Eventually gave up hope and stayed at my brother's flat in Brentwood, then completed my journey this morning. Glad there were no ticket inspectors, we would have had a barney as I was certainly not going to buy a ticket for this morning's journey when I'd paid to do it yesterday!

I might as well have done. No trains to Witham from Liverpool Street when we got there at 11, and no explanation as to why or when there might be one. Eventually gave up hope and stayed at my brother's flat in Brentwood, then completed my journey this morning. Glad there were no ticket inspectors, we would have had a barney as I was certainly not going to buy a ticket for this morning's journey when I'd paid to do it yesterday!

In Witham they're about as rare as rocking horse sh*t

Actually there were two at Witham as always, but they were only inspecting tickets of people going into the station, not coming out.

Couldn't see anything in the overnight reports. Curious.

BTW, put in a claim mate, you could get some (if not all) of your fare back.

I got home at about 2am to Chelmsford in the end. It was only the Norwich-bound mainline that was affected, services to Southend were running fine. I sat in first class because I was fed up with them. What a rebel I am.

Was delayed by an hour on the way out too, which I was more annoyed about because it ate into valuable drinking time.

I got home at about 2am to Chelmsford in the end. It was only the Norwich-bound mainline that was affected, services to Southend were running fine. I sat in first class because I was fed up with them. What a rebel I am.

Was delayed by an hour on the way out too, which I was more annoyed about because it ate into valuable drinking time.

Having to get a train to Shenfield, then changing to get the Southend train home, which made a 45 minute journey an hour and a half; and you consider that as running fine, you must be part of the Greater Anglia management team :tease:

Sorry Bolton Shrimp but half the problem is that it isn't a public service but privately owned and run for profit etc. Like the utility industry, profit is king and **** the public service.

Have not been called that since I worked there in early 2004
Yeah my bad. I was a tad fuzzy in the brain yesterday, especially when I then had to go back to London to cover my bosses meetings as well as prepare for my own today.

Will be putting in a claim, definitely!

Trains are a public service, they are effectively outsourced services because the government allocates the contracts and decides who runs the trains. It's a service for the public, that happens to be (supposedly) profit-making. The reality is that the bidding process is so aggressive on pricing, bidders have to cut their prices right down to and below the break even line just to get the business in the first place. And that's why services are then ****, because the companies that run the contracts can't afford to do what they've promised.

The trains have been rubbish all week. Been delayed after 5pm but about 20 mins every night. That might not sound too bad but the about of people that arrive ready to get on their normal train soon adds up very quickly. normally trains leave every ten mins and people can sit and wait on those trains until they leave but those trains havnt been there causing a lot of problems.

That being said, great result!!! :smile:

Back