• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kenny

Thailand Shrimper
oh well at least we gave a better account of ourselves then last years game. Gonna watch the tape tomorrow to see it again. I think someone was a bit harsh saying everyone played crap apart from Barrett. For me the only one out there who had a total shocker today was Gower whose white boots left him doing a great impression of Bambi on Ice for most of the game. damn, Bentley got booked again, is that a suspension for him? I'm sure someone said he needed to avoid a booking in the final so his "previous" would be wiped out for the rest of the season. Maher looked totally knackered by extra time and Che erased memories of the last final, his block in the 1st half was superb.

The match aside, I had a good weekend down there. On the way to cardiff I stopped at Reading services where the car park was full of cars sporting the blue and white flags and scarves. I firstly bumped into Mr & Mrs Overseas Shrimper and GrimupNorth.
After a wrong turn into Newport (won't be doing that again, ended up in the slums!) finally arrived the moat house, there were some blokes who I presumed were from the Welsh FA as they all had the WFA badges on their suits, I had great pleasure in breaking the Swansea result to them when quizzed on the days League2 results.

Saturday night started out at The Prince of Wales where I got chatting to a guy in there who was surrounded by girls sporting Eastwood t-shirts, he predicted that Ugarte wouldn't be much of a threat (d'oh!). Around town I saw most of the SZ crew in Edwards (not Andy!). Andee said to me that Hunt and Jay Smith in there as well apparently, later on spotted Kev wandering the streets on his own and briefly saw Hils as I leaving O'Neils (the welsh hospitality was great in there
wink.gif
). On returning to the hotel me and my mate had the dumb idea of going through the yellow pages to get some grub in and about 20 minutes later we took delivery of the rankest curry I've ever had that was also ridiculously hot for a madras.

On my way into the loos before the match I met Perth Shrimper who recognised me from my avatar (not my current one of course!). I sat by the corner flag in the lower tier for the first half but we upped sticks to the other end for the second half where the view was much better although far removed from atmosphere, The SZFC flag looked ace from where I was sitting, (wtf was "I love Darryl flag" about???)

As soon as the 2nd goal went in we decided to high-tail it to try and beat the rush, unluckily for us we were in the Wrexham car park for the park and ride (so I wonder who had the genius idea of assigning Wrexham the blue parking and Southend the red parking!) but luckily they weren't the gloating sort so got away unscathed. Saw Terry Alderton at services on the way back, still made it back in around 4 hours even with the traffic near J5 on the M4.

So now the LDV jaunt is out the way here's hoping we can draw a line under today and get back to the small matter of PROMOTION!

So did everyone else have fun in Cardiff n Saturday?

Had a decent weekend. Set off after Soccer AM and saw loads of Shrimpers on the moterway & at the services. Got a right result with ouyr hotel (the travelodge on St.Marys Street, cheap, cheerful, full of Shrimpers & staggering distance from all the pubs & bars). Couple of beers at the Lloyds Bar, then onto Edwards then finally Reflex where the rest of the night was spent fitting the names of various Southend players into 80s songs, with various degrees of success.

All in all yesterday was awesome. Today though felt bad from the moment I awoke with the hangover from hell. Queuing up til midday waiting for the Prince of Wales to open didn't help either. What was up with that? They designate a pub for Southend fans and then don't open it til an hour after all the other pubs in th area open, but don't tell you that until to work it out for yourself, by which time all the other pubs are queuing five-deep at the bar
mad.gif
)

Back