• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

First game for me was Saturday 27th August 1988, first game of the season at home to Bolton Wanderers in the "old old" Division Three (now L1). Won 2-0, goals from O'Shea & Crown. A love affair was born..... :loyalsupporter:

1st one I have memories of was Norwich at Roots Hall - 1st game there! I was 9 years old and went with some mates from school. Stood in the East Stand paddock as it was then. Remember it was a really hot day - but strangely cant remember a great deal about the game!
My dad took me to a couple of games at the old greyhound stadium but cant remember much about them at all!

1967 (just)...30 th dec..v Brentford...we won 1-0 Phil.Chisnall...dont remember nothing about the game, only thing i remember that i knew i had found my "home"..you never forget your first love....i never will

Southend v Man City 1956, all I can remember is the game should have been called, we lost 1 0 playing in a mudbath. There keeper, a german guy whos name escapes me at the moment, kept them in the game with a number of great saves.

Either Chesterfield at home 0-2 defeat or Brentford away 0-4 defeat (I think it was Brentford, either way I was a jinx to begin with!)

Aside from one game as a nipper in the 70's that I neither remember anything of or enjoyed, my "first" game was as a 16 year-old in the 85/6 season. Went with my girlfriend's dad. The girlfriend didn't last. The football did.

First game was October '63 just a month after I had moved to Essex with my family from Bolton where I had been a STH the previous season.
50+ years and I am still going .:thumbsup:

I'm just pleased to be involved in something where I'm almost a youngster! Mine was a 3-0 home win over Swindon in Div4, think it would have been 1974? Good old Arthur Rowley in charge.

I was certainly taken to the greyhound ground by Dad and can remember the 1956 Manchester City game. A local paper used to feature a picture of the crowd and would circle a fan who then got some reward. I was clearly seen in the paper with my Dad and would pay good money to obtain a copy of the paper from that day.:smile:

...and what can you remember of it? My first was home to QPR in 1965. I was 9 and was amazed it was in colour! It was a Friday night as I recall.

Who here went earlier than that?

Sorry as hard as it is to believe I cannot beat that - mine was around 68-69 season

it was the summer of 1995 and we had a pre-season friendly against Arsenal. 20 years later and I think 'I could of supported Arsenal'. glad i didn't

Back