• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

sufcintheprem

This is a modified caption
And thought I'd raise a few points from seeing it on telly.

o First goal, Wayne times his run magnificently. Not much chance for the keeper and the defence will always struggle unless the late run is tracked Good work.

o Their first. Disappointed that from a standing position the lad got above two of ours but he did use his strength very well. Possibly should have had more pressure ont he ball.

o Their second. Very inventive freekick that was superbly hooked across by Wrack. Very tricky to hit a ball coming over your left shoulder with your right foot to your right. Jupp should definitely have banged it away from that angle although would be interesting to see from side on. Reminiscent of Wilson in the LDV final (v Wrexham).

o Our 2nd. if the Goat is going to do well at this level, it will be through smart play like this. At first glance, you think how have three defenders managed to let him get up on it. Watch it more carefully and you see Goater draw his defender out and then spin in just behind him as the ball's delivered. It's always going to be hard for the two behind him to win it and by spinning as he did, he completely unbalanced the front defender just at the time of delivery. Great header too from fairly little power on the cross. Looks very promising indeed.

o Last minute heroics. How much did a slumped Leitao with a look of disbelief on his face remind you of McGleish after that save up at Sixfields mid-season? Certainly looked like a replica in terms of reaction. I think Darryl anticipated ever so slightly. Where oh where were the defenc though? Leitao's movement is good but he was all alone middle of the goal six yards out. Worrying

All in all, took our goals well but it looks as though we need to try and raise our defensive solidarity from last year a notch to prosper a divsion up.

Now how on God's earth have I managed to post this twice yet one of them appears as an unread post to me wheras the other doesn't!

Mods. MODS! Please delete.

The longer you leave it here, the longer the sentence:

GOD SCORED WITH A FINE FINISH AT THE WEEKEND

will stay

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Well, actually I meant this one but I certainly don't want both deleted. Ah well, the Tes comment stays....

cool.gif

Back