• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just Sport merchandise

Reading Shrimper

First XI
From the looks of the photographs, there a few natty new training tops and things from the Just Sport range - can anyone who went to the shop today say how this new gear compares to the Nike stuff, and what prices are like?

I went last night and was very impressed and had a spend up. I bought all Nike merchandise, very good with SUFC badge embroided onto some of their latest stuff.
Thought the Nike stuff was much better than Avec, but then I do love my major brands. No hats or T-shirts yet, most stuff in snythetic training type material. Thought the prices not too bad, could have been worse and only polo shirts overpriced. What are you after?

To be fair lads, it's a range to suit all budgets. Not everyone can afford the Nike range but they would be able to buy the Avec which is similiar.

Not a dig at all, Yes brilliant new facilities, but being totally honest is this just a sportswear out let, or are we still going to be able to by none branded SUFC merchandise, i.e. Videos, DVDs, selections of hats and scarfs, car stickers, miniture kits, and all that sort of stuff, which to be honest is still a must in my eyes, there didnt seem to be anything relating to my actual club there, except for Nike and Avec labels, not a dig just a resonable question, Im not a sports cloth wearer, but still very much like to promote the club in different ways of merchandise, and I am sure there are many others like me

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Aug. 02 2005,11:42)]Morning Dave - how is the knee?

Matt
Not too bad mate, I'll give you a call later.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dave cusaks nose @ Aug. 02 2005,12:48)]Not a dig at all, Yes brilliant new facilities, but being totally honest is this just a sportswear out let, or are we still going to be able to by none branded SUFC merchandise, i.e. Videos, DVDs, selections of hats and scarfs, car stickers, miniture kits, and all that sort of stuff, which to be honest is still a must in my eyes, there didnt seem to be anything relating to my actual club there, except for Nike and Avec labels, not a dig just a resonable question, Im not a sports cloth wearer, but still very much like to promote the club in different ways of merchandise, and I am sure there are many others like me
I hope we haven't seen the end of the good old fashioned merchandise.

rock.gif

While we're at it, I'd like a return of the university style SUFC scarf because... well... I want one!

Is that why the players wear Avec for training? Incidentally, the team have looked particularly scruffy in the friendlies and wonder if that is a missed marketing opportunity if they were kitted out in new stuff, wore the new away kit etc?

Grey kits, light blue for the 50 year game and one for the road and anti racism old stock T shirts to warm up in!

Good control of costs but did'nt look professional.

I want to see the return of the SUFC stick on tattoos.

They should come in 3 sizes:

Small
Medium
Hope Hotel/Forresters/Woodgrange customer

I would like some cool car stickers with slogans like...

Dont Follow Me Follow Southend United, or

Follow Me To Roots Hall Stadium (Home Of Southend United- The Shrimpers- Formed 1906), or

A large soup mug with a picture of a generic fooballer with a 70s haircut and 'Souper Shrimpers' written underneath.

Can anyone confirm whether these items were for sale in the club shop? I couldn't work out from the pictures although I'm sure Brushy has got the first sticker in his cortina. Cheers in advance.

I have a car tax disc holder bearing the legend "tax applied for".

It was purchased whilst the Inland Revenue were trying to wind us up.

I don't however own a car to dsiplay it in.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prodigal Son @ Aug. 02 2005,13:01)]Anyone else notice that our friends at Just Sport have a job lot of home kits to the extent that Walsall'a away kit is exactly the same.
I pointed that out a couple of months ago.

Anyways, the Club shop is very impressive and it would be very easy to spend £100 plus in a visit, I would of if I had the money. Some things are a little pricey, for example £30 for a polo shirt and £70 for a tracksuit, but I'd rather spend the extra £5/£10 knowing it was going to the Club.

I think the avec stuff is quite a good alternative to the expensive nike stuff, plus it's what the players are wearing in training at the moment, as are tilly n brush.

Just got back from the shop and have to say I'm really impressed- they are still filling it with stock and fitting the ticket office but its very modern and chic and there is a really good range of stuff on offer. Personally I thought the Avec range is really good and picked up a black polo for the very reasonable price of £15.

Whilst having a little look around the new shop yesterday evening, my better half pointed out to me that there is a serious lackage of ' girls stuff ' in stock...

For once I had to agree with her, in this day and age there are many supporters of the female variety enjoying a saturday afternoon down The Hall, so surely it would be in the clubs interest to stock some female attire?...

I dont know, maybe some Bluebelle esque costumes etc etc would please both the male and female punters?...

Not forgetting the fact females do tend to have the ability to spend a lot more wonga than the average male counterpart in shops ...

Something that should be seriously looked into in my opinion.

wink.gif

Back