• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just started on Battrick.

pringlejon

Pringello Indexinator
Anyone got hints and tips on this.
Have been playing hattrick for a while but you lot all seem to be on this now.

My squad that i've been given, as expected, looks shocking.
Would anyone mind sifting through and letting me know what i should train, who i should fire etc.

I havent spent a penny yet btw, i know from hattrick what a bad idea that is.

Good move in not spending any money! Post your team up here, but I doubt they'll be any good trainees amongst them.

You need a bunch of 17 year old trainees to train. Now (well Sunday/Monday/Tuesday) is a great time to be buying them as the market should start to be flooded with them from about 5pm today.

Don't pay more than about £10k for any of them, with the exception of the all-rounder, unless they have competent or above primary. All need to have AT LEAST mediocre stamina, and I'm almost tempted to say competent stamina.

You then want to buy:

2 x batsmen with mediocre+ batting and mediocre+ (preferably competent or respectable) concentration
3 x bowlers with mediocre+ bowling and mediocre+ (preferably competent or respectable) consistency. I'd generally recommend a mix of bowling styles, so at make sure you get 1 fast and 1 spinner.
1 x wicketkeeper with mediocre+ batting, feeble+ wicketkeeping (WK is quick to train, so don't worry about getting someone with high keeping) and at least woeful concentration
1 x all-rounder with mediocre+ bowling, at least feeble+ batting and at least woeful+ concentration and consistency.

If you can get better than those skills, go for it, but don't overpay. Generally I'd say if you have a choice between higher stamina and higher primary (eg batting, bowling or wicketkeeping) go for the higher stamina, similarly if between higher primary and higher secondary (eg consistency or concentration) go for the higher secondary. You'll be training the primaries anyway, whereas it is a pain (and inefficient) to have to try and train up stamina or the secondaries.

You should look for the higher wages, as they are closer to popping - but be careful about them having high WKing or fielding which boosts their wage and may make them appear closer to popping than they are. If you need any help with valuation, post them up here and someone will give you some guidance.

You then want to share out your nets like this:

1 batting net for each of your 2 batsmen
1 bowling net for each of your 3 bowlers
1 batting and 1 keeping net for your keeper
1 batting, 1 bowling and 1 fielding net for your all-rounder

You need to have as many Sports Psychologists as you can afford.

That will give you 4 batsmen, a keeper and 4 bowlers which can form the heart of your team.

I've already got rid of lots of rubbish. this is what i have left;

Liam Alnwick - 30 yo, BT Rating=3,997
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler. He is a cautious player with strong leadership skills and mediocre experience.
He currently has proficient batting form, competent bowling form and energetic fitness.

Stamina: mediocre
Wicket Keeping: feeble Batting: mediocre
Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: abysmal
Consistency: woeful
Fielding: abysmal

Matt Dann - 30 yo, BT Rating=5,172
RH Batsman, RM Bowler. He is a cautious player with strong leadership skills and worthless experience.
He currently has strong batting form, strong bowling form and energetic

Wicket Keeping: feeble Batting: mediocre
Consistency: mediocre

Graeme Garvey - 30 yo, BT Rating=5,532
LH Batsman, LM Bowler. He is a cautious player with mediocre leadership skills and woeful experience.
He currently has strong batting form, strong bowling form and energetic fitness.

Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: abysmal
Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: mediocre
Fielding: competent

Guru Gupta - 17 yo, BT Rating=2,864
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler. He is a cautious player leadership with respectable leadership and abysmal
experience.
He currently has respectable batting form, respectable bowling form and lively fitness.

Batting: mediocre
Bowling: worthless
Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: worthless

Greg Horstead - 30 yo, BT Rating=6,905
LH Batsman, LM Bowler. He is a steady player with strong leadership skills and worthless experience.
He currently has competent batting form, strong bowling form and energetic fitness.

Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: mediocre
Fielding: respectable

Seymour Lay - 30 yo, BT Rating=5,033
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler. He is a steady player with abysmal leadership skills and woeful experience.
He currently has strong batting form, competent bowling form and energetic fitness.

Wicket Keeping: mediocre Batting: mediocre
Consistency: woeful
Fielding: feeble

Austin Shilton - 30 yo, BT Rating=4,444
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler. He is a cautious player with mediocre leadership skills and worthless experience.
He currently has respectable batting form, strong bowling form and energetic fitness.

Wicket Keeping: worthless Batting: abysmal
Concentration: feeble

Franky Siyabulela - 30 yo, BT Rating=3,843
RH Batsman, RM Bowler. He is a cautious player with woeful leadership skills and mediocre experience.
He currently has proficient batting form, proficient bowling form and energetic fitness.

Batting: abysmal
Fielding: woeful

Michael Stapleton - 30 yo, BT Rating=3,709
RH Batsman, RF Bowler. He is a destructive player with feeble leadership skills and abysmal experience.
He currently has strong batting form, competent bowling form and energetic fitness.

Wicket Keeping: mediocre Batting: feeble
Fielding: mediocre

Michael Tait - 17 yo, BT Rating=5,826
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler. He is a defensive player with respectableworthless experience.
He currently has competent batting form, strong bowling form and energetic fitness.

Wicket Keeping: woeful Batting: mediocre
Consistency: feeble
Fielding: competent

Philip Tedstone - 22 yo, BT Rating=2,182
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler. He is a steady player with strong leadership skills and worthless experience.
He currently has competent batting form, proficient bowling form and energetic fitness.

Wicket Keeping: worthless Batting: feeble

Brian Woods - 21 yo, BT Rating=1,582
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler. He is a steady player with worthless leadership skills and abysmal experience.
He currently has competent batting form, respectable bowling form and energetic fitness.

Stamina: woeful
Wicket Keeping: worthless Batting: mediocre
Consistency: feeble

Mukesh Worsnop - 30 yo, BT Rating=3,730
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler. He is a steady player with feeble leadership skills and mediocre experience.
He currently has proficient batting form, proficient bowling form and energetic fitness.

Concentration: woeful

Adrian Yates - 17 yo, BT Rating=4,189
LH Batsman, LM Bowler. He is an attacking player with woeful leadership skills and worthless experience.

That isn't a very generous first team you've been given!

The three 17yos will do for now though. They will allow you to raise your budget for your other 4 trainees, but keep your eyes out for players going for under £5,000 with better secondaries than those three (eg respectable stamina).

You can fire Woods, Stapelton and Tedstone immediately (if you've got enough players left) as they are also rubbish.

no, not got enough players to fire them yet lol.

the players you mentioned getting above, what age should i be going for.
and when u say mediocre+, do you mean "mediocre or above" or "better than mediocre".

Cheers for your help.

I've just listed this guy, he's not 17 but his wage suggest he must be very close to competent, probably 2 weeks training at most. You should be able to get him for a couple of thousand, pop him once and then have a decent bowler for your level for a while.

Dominic Paul (2317038)
Dominic is a RH Batsman and RFM Bowler. He is a cautious player with abysmal leadership skills and abysmal experience.
He currently has mediocre batting form, worthless bowling form and sublime fitness.

Plays For: ShrimperZone CC
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 3,609
Wages: £475 p/w

Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: competent

i've got this chap on the list for £0.

Robyn Themba (2549513)

Robyn is a LH Batsman and LH Spin Bowler. He is a defensive player with feeble leadership skills and worthless experience.

He currently has mediocre batting form, mediocre bowling form and invigorated fitness.
Plays For: Pettefershire CCC
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 4,459
Wages: £507 p/w
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: mediocre Concentration: respectable
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless

I just get lucky YPs.

This. :whistling:

I made so many mistakes in my first 2-3 seasons (including training players from abysmal...) so I'm not too sure I have much advice to offer, sadly.

I'd say scout some old threads (that The Flying Scotsman may have started) to help you out!!

Thanks for your help YB, now have a very young squad with nets for all u mentioned.
Should i fill the gaps left in the squad with the a couple of rubbish 30 year olds i already have or spend a bit to get some better middleaged players in to lift the quality of my side?

Thanks for your help YB, now have a very young squad with nets for all u mentioned.
Should i fill the gaps left in the squad with the a couple of rubbish 30 year olds i already have or spend a bit to get some better middleaged players in to lift the quality of my side?

Might as well keep the rubbish 30 year olds for the time being.

Your priority now should probably be to save money until you are getting the £80,000 a week in interest. Your team should improve rapidly through training anyway.

Has anyone got the link for working out how many PR officers and financial advisors he should employ?

Training times - has anyone got a copy of that list. I'm particularly interested in training times for 20 and 21 years old on two nets versus one.

That Keggut site seems to be down.

Back