• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just to clarify

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
Don't expect any news on the 2 Leons and Kev today.

They've already been offered deals and will no doubt take all summer to see what else is available before committing pen to paper.

What we are going to get today I believe is news on the rest of the out of contract players, i.e. who stays and who goes.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ May 14 2004,14:05)]Haven't heard owt from my sources.
Let me rephrase that slightly...

"If we hear anything at all today it will be about the other out of contract players rather than the 2 Leons and Kev who have already been offered deals and who will no doubt see what else is available before committing."

And I have heard nowt as well...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dreams @ May 14 2004,15:12)]where u get this info from???
Think you'll find it's not based on any actual info... but a personal opinion... which I agree with.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dreams @ May 14 2004,14:12)]where u get this info from???
I thought it was public knowledge that they'd been offered deals but had yet to sign them. Wasn't it in the Echo this week?

I think the idea of offering contracts to these straight away, was to get them tied up ASAP before anyone else got a sniff. It won't be that long before we'll find out.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ShrimperJim @ May 14 2004,14:17)]I think the idea of offering contracts to these straight away, was to get them tied up ASAP before anyone else got a sniff. It won't be that long before we'll find out.
It was to TRY and get them tied up. Their existing contracts provide payment until the end of June so there is absolutely no requirement for them to agree to anything offered.

Remember Mark Rawle?

And wasn't it Leo Roget who still hadn't signed a full contract a few years back and played on a week-to-week basis until about November?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ May 14 2004,14:05)]Haven't heard owt from my sources.
Incidentally, who are our trusty hacks with their fingers on the pulse, so to speak?

I seem to remember that last year, we had someone outside the ground as the players came out, and we were thus able to learn that "Darryl had a face like thunder, which suggests he was not offered a deal" and so on...

Anyone outside the ground (or B&L - wherever these talks are taking place) this year?

rock.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ May 14 2004,14:27)]Scriven ...

tounge.gif
Ah, but perhaps he's too "in bed with the club" (even more so than in his SZ days, as difficult as that is to imagine) to let us poor mites know what's going on...

tounge.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ May 14 2004,14:30)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ May 14 2004,14:27)]Scriven ...

tounge.gif
Ah, but perhaps he's too "in bed with the club" (even more so than in his SZ days, as difficult as that is to imagine) to let us poor mites know what's going on...

tounge.gif

laugh.gif
Yes, it's true, the club and I are having an affair. It's been going on since Tuesday and although I am now walking like John Wayne with sh*t in his pants, it's been great.

MTS2 - I need the Bible translated into Latin for next seasons opening programme, can you help at all?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 14 2004,14:38)]Yes, it's true, the club and I are having an affair. It's been going on since Tuesday and although I am now walking like John Wayne with sh*t in his pants, it's been great.

MTS2 - I need the Bible translated into Latin for next seasons opening programme, can you help at all?
Someone's been reading their "Paul Daniels Guide to Comedy" with great studiousness of late...

tounge.gif

Back