• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just wanted to say hello and thank you

Gustav

I’ve been hovering on this forum for a while now and before that I hung out on the BBC chat thing.
I went to my first home game in 1976 this was against QPR in what I remember was a cup game (you historians can put me right on this one). Managed to go to every home game from 77 to the end of the 83 -84 season, at that time I left home and joined the army.

To cut a long story short I now live and work in Texas, I only managed to get back to England once or twice a year and those trips are dedicated to family stuff so I don’t get to games.

I would like to thank all of you on this forum as it keeps the link alive between myself and the club I love.

Also, on the off chance that there are any SUFC supporters in the North Texas area, give me a shout so we can meet up for drinkies.

I’ve been hovering on this forum for a while now and before that I hung out on the BBC chat thing.
I went to my first home game in 1976 this was against QPR in what I remember was a cup game (you historians can put me right on this one). Managed to go to every home game from 77 to the end of the 83 -84 season, at that time I left home and joined the army.

To cut a long story short I now live and work in Texas, I only managed to get back to England once or twice a year and those trips are dedicated to family stuff so I don’t get to games.

I would like to thank all of you on this forum as it keeps the link alive between myself and the club I love.

Also, on the off chance that there are any SUFC supporters in the North Texas area, give me a shout so we can meet up for drinkies.

Welcome to another friend from across the pond. Not sure about many fans in North Texas as we are told everything in Texas is bigger so any SUFC fans could be many miles away.

Glad you have joined us and we look forward to your input.

What on Earth took you over the pond!?!
Glad to hear from you & welcome!
(*You may need a shrink after a while on the Zone, but, I've heard all the bigwigs do in the US*)

Welcome to the board mate, what made you work for Texas I always thought B&Q were better. :dim:

Good memories of that QPR game they were a very good side at the time with players like Gerry Francis & Stan Bowles amongst others. We went 2-0 down before goals from wee Davie Cunningham (IIRC) & Chris Guthrie got us a well desrved draw and a replay at Loftus Road which we loast 2-0.

What on Earth took you over the pond!?!
Glad to hear from you & welcome!
(*You may need a shrink after a while on the Zone, but, I've heard all the bigwigs do in the US*)

Work first bought me over here initially and then I fell in love with a Texan (for my sins).

I’ve been here for ten years now and I never thought I would miss the English weather, this summer they had 42 consecutive days of 100+ temperatures and yesterday it was 101 (they still have Fahrenheit, feet and inches here) which is great when I’m sat on my motorbike in full leathers.

Watch all my football on Fox Soccer Channel which actually aired live the Southend v Canvey FA cup match from a couple of years ago.

Welcome to the board mate, what made you work for Texas I always thought B&Q were better. :dim:

Good memories of that QPR game they were a very good side at the time with players like Gerry Francis & Stan Bowles amongst others. We went 2-0 down before goals from wee Davie Cunningham (IIRC) & Chris Guthrie got us a well desrved draw and a replay at Loftus Road which we loast 2-0.

Didn’t the equalizer come late in the game? My brother took me and he wanted to leave early for a date and I remember the home crowd cheer as we walked to his car, which I was rather annoyed about.
Yes BBQ is a whole different thing here, what we call barbequing in England is just called grilling in Texas, a barbeque to them is a large pit of wood embers with either whole or large sections of animals cooking over it.

Back